The Obligatory Depeche Mode thread

We know there is more to life than the music of the Bunnymen. Talk about those other bands here.

Postby black francis » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:58 am

I'm much too old for that type of tomfoolery. I prefer gardening.

And that night of posting was for a good and noble cause.
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby 5times » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:07 am

Mrs 5times and I enjoyed the Manchester concert so much that we are off to watch them again tomorrow night. This time it's at the LG Arena in Birmingham.

We just can't get enough (groan... :lol: )
5times

Postby black francis » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:46 am

We took our oldest son to the third Staples Center show and now DM is his favorite band. He's become a bit of an asshole with the iPod when we're in the car since then. Makes me proud.
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby 5times » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:30 pm

Great show. Better than Manchester. That LG Arena is nice and posh too. I'll have a job dragging Mrs 5times to the Academy next Christmas after this...
5times

Postby black francis » Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:27 am

We thought you were Mrs. 5times.
Last edited by black francis on Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Re: The Obligatory Depeche Mode thread

Postby black francis » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:22 am

We took our son to see "Strangelove: the Ultimate Tribute to Depeche Mode" last night and it was surprisingly very well done.

The good:

-"Dave Gahan" was spot on vocally as he sounded exactly as Gahan did the last two times I've seen DM live and had his mannerisms down pat. If you squinted he looked like Jimmy Fallon doing Dave Gahan.
-Tribute Andy Fletcher was slightly less useless than real Andy Fletcher as he could clap in time and sing as well.
-Excellent set list which included Photographic, If You Want and Behind the Wheel/Route 66
-The sound of the songs was very close to the studio versions and very well done
-We weren't the oldest people there

The bad:

- I'm guessing "Martin L. Gore" was an Elton John impersonator before finding success as a Martin L. Gore impersonator.

All in all we had a great time, more than a few laughs and it was borderline my son's dream set list.

http://depechetribute.com/

black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby fat cherry » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:04 am

fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Kounelaki » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:18 pm

DG interview, if you like that sort of thing
http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/o ... -interview
Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:01 pm

Thanks. I do like the sort of thing.
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby fat cherry » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:08 am

So I understand The Mode are back in fashion and doing a rare tour that includes england - was on the radio today. Just as the contented of HIve thread starts to catch up this lot start moving again, its as if they are stalking this forum....
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:33 am

fat cherry wrote:So I understand The Mode are back in fashion and doing a rare tour that includes england - was on the radio today. Just as the contented of HIve thread starts to catch up this lot start moving again, its as if they are stalking this forum....

Contented of Hive? Isn't that a website for beekeepers?
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:44 am

Fudge Contented of Hive!
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby Kounelaki » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:10 am

Where's the Revolution? Depeche Mode release blistering new track
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-enter ... 62471.html
Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dr Cheese » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:47 am

Kounelaki wrote:Where's the Revolution? Depeche Mode release boring new track.

Indeed. :wink:
And you know that I'll pick up
Every time you call
Just to thank you one more time
Alcohol
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Kounelaki » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:51 am

:lol:
Kounelaki