The Obligatory Depeche Mode thread

We know there is more to life than the music of the Bunnymen. Talk about those other bands here.

Postby withahip » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:45 am

kook wrote:David Sylvian tours with a small band - at times with Steve Jansen on drums.
Last album was excellent as was live show.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Buuuuurrrrrrrrnnnnnnn.
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby kook » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:05 pm

:razz: :razz:
Every word is like an unnecessary stain on silence and nothingness.
kook
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Scouser » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:13 pm

Dont judge it on first listen...its got an insidious melody that worms its way into your brain and wont let go. Its classic pervy electro mode (it sounds almost Music For The Masses era DM).

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/L2GaCnAiuvo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/L2GaCnAiuvo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>
Mr. Brian, I find that offensive.

Scouser's inability to se others' point of view is rather grating.
Scouser
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Scouser » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:56 pm

DEPECHE MODE ANNOUNCE 2009 NORTH AMERICAN TOUR DATES

SPECIAL DELUXE EDITION BOX SET SCHEDULED FOR RELEASE ON APRIL 20TH (Europe) IN CONJUNCTION WITH 12th STUDIO ALBUM 'SOUNDS OF THE UNIVERSE'

"Dave Gahan's voice is as captivating as ever and Martin Gore's songwriting is still in full form..it serves as foolproof evidence that Depeche Mode has no plans for retirement." — FILTER MAGAZINE

NEW YORK, NY - February 20, 2009 — Groundbreaking electro legends Depeche Mode have announced North American cities and dates for their upcoming "Tour Of The Universe," which will mark the group's most extensive outing in the region in several years. Kicking off in Toronto on July 24th, the band's 22-city North American tour will cover both the US and Canada and hit most major markets across the continent (see dates below). Tickets for select markets are set to go on sale on March 13th.

Depeche Mode's "Tour of the Universe" is happening in conjunction with the release of the group's twelfth studio album, Sounds Of the Universe (Mute/Capitol/Virgin), which will be released on April 20th in Europe, and April 21st in North America. Alongside a standard CD format, Depeche Mode has announced that Sounds Of The Universe will also be released as a Special Edition CD+DVD and a Deluxe Box Set that will include a host of exclusive material:

• Three CDs containing the album, bonus songs and remixes, as well as 14 demos available exclusively-- a career first for Depeche Mode.
• A DVD that will feature three films: Making The Universe, a behind-the scenes documentary about the recording of the album, Usual Thing, Try And Get The Question In The Answer (a conversation with the band discussing recording techniques, intercut with personal archive footage from previous album sessions) and Sounds Of The Universe (a short film featuring track by track with the band). The DVD will also include the promo video for the album's first single "Wrong" (directed by Patrick Daughters), plus four songs filmed live in the studio in December 2008 and a version of the album the album mixed in DTS 5.1 surround sound
• Two 84-page hardback books, one featuring the lyrics to all the songs from the Sounds Of The Universe sessions, accompanied by exclusive photography by Anton Corbijn. The second book will contain exclusive and candid studio photography by Daniel Miller, Ben Hillier, Luke Smith and Ferg Peterkin.

(A full rundown of all of the "Sounds Of The Universe" release formats can be found on the SOTU details page)

In addition, the album will also be released as a double vinyl LP (including a Sounds Of The Universe CD) and as a download.

Cities and dates for the group's 2009 North American concert tour are:
Friday, July 24th (Toronto)
Saturday, July 25th (Montreal)
Tuesday, July 28th (Washington, DC)
Friday, July 31st (Boston)
Saturday, August 1st (Atlantic City)
Monday, August 3rd (New York)
Monday, August 10th (Seattle)
Wednesday, August 12th (San Francisco)
Friday, August 14th (San Diego)
Sunday, August 16th (Los Angeles)
Monday, August 17th (Los Angeles)
Thursday, August 20th (Santa Barbara)
Saturday, August 22nd (Las Vegas)
Sunday, August 23rd (Phoenix)
Tuesday, August 25th (Salt Lake City)
Thursday, August 27th (Denver)
Saturday, August 29th (Dallas)
Sunday, August 30th (Houston)
Tuesday, Sept 1st (Atlanta)
Friday, Sept 4th (Tampa)
Saturday, Sept 5th (Ft. Lauderdale)

As one of the most influential bands of the post-punk era with global sales in excess of 100 million, Depeche Mode belongs to a select premiere league of super groups who have survived from the early 1980s with their ideals, creative vision and core members intact. Formed in 1981, Depeche Mode - Martin Gore, Dave Gahan and Andy 'Fletch' Fletcher - continue to win critical and commercial acclaim across the world both in the studio and on the road. All of the band's 11 studio albums have reached the Top Ten in not only the UK and USA but 20 plus countries around the world including Canada, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Sweden, Denmark, Switzerland, and Belgium. Since their inception, Depeche Mode's live shows continue to be a must-see attraction, with the group playing to 2.8 million people across 31 countries on their last tour alone.

I dont care how much this version of the album is...Im getting it

CD 1 - Sounds Of The Universe
1. In Chains
2. Hole To Feed
3. Wrong
4. Fragile Tension
5. Little Soul
6. In Sympathy
7. Peace
8. Come Back
9. Spacewalker
10. Perfect
11. Miles Away / The Truth Is
12. Jezebel
13. Corrupt

CD 2
Bonus tracks
1. Light
2. The Sun And The Moon And The Stars
3. Ghost
4. Esque
5. Oh Well

Remixes
6. Corrupt - Efdemin Remix
7. In Chains - Minilogue's Earth Remix
8. Little Soul - Thomas Fehlmann Flowing Ambient Mix
9. Jezebel - SixToes Remix
10. Perfect - Electronic Periodic Dark Drone Mix
11. Wrong - Caspa Remix

CD 3
Demos
1. Little 15
2. Clean
3. Sweetest Perfection
4. Walking In My Shoes
5. I Feel You
6. Judas
7. Surrender
8. Only When I Lose Myself
9. Nothing's Impossible
10. Corrupt
11. Peace
12. Jezebel
13. Come Back
14. In Chains

DVD
Video
Making The Universe / Film (45.23)
Usual Thing, Try And Get The Question In The Answer (55.12)
Sounds Of The Universe [A Short Film] (10.05)
Wrong (promo video - 3.16)
Studio Sessions:
Corrupt (4.08)
Little Soul (3.52)
Stories Of Old (3.24)
Come Back (6.05)

Audio
Sounds Of The Universe plus bonus tracks in 5.1 surround sound
1. In Chains
2. Hole To Feed
3. Wrong
4. Fragile Tension
5. Little Soul
6. In Sympathy
7. Peace
8. Come Back
9. Spacewalker
10. Perfect
11. Miles Away / The Truth Is
12. Jezebel
13. Corrupt

Bonus tracks
1. Light
2. The Sun And The Moon And The Stars
3. Ghost
4. Esque
5. Oh Well

Packaging / additional content:
2 piece custom made box with foil blocking.
2 x 84 page hardback books:
The first featuring the lyrics to all the songs from the Sounds Of The Universe sessions accompanied by exclusive photography by Anton Corbijn.
The second featuring exclusive and candid studio photography by Daniel Miller, Ben Hillier, Luke Smith and Ferg Peterkin.
2 exclusive enamel badges
1 poster
5 artcards, sealed in a collectors envelope
1 certificate of authenticity
Mr. Brian, I find that offensive.

Scouser's inability to se others' point of view is rather grating.
Scouser
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:27 pm

I need to quit dicking around and finally get a 5.1 system for my home. Thank God Depeche Mode doesn't release every album like this.

Sorry kids you don't get to eat this week. Daddy just got the new Depeche Mode box set.
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby JackT » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:43 pm

black francis wrote:I need to quit dicking around and finally get a 5.1 system for my home.

When you buy your first 5.1 system, they also issue you your penis!
"He was a mongoose, rather like a little cat in his fur and his tail, but quite like a weasel in his head and his habits."
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:17 pm

Until you actually insert yours into a vagina Jack, I don't want to hear any penis jokes.
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby JackT » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:20 pm

Ok that one stung a little bit.
"He was a mongoose, rather like a little cat in his fur and his tail, but quite like a weasel in his head and his habits."
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:22 pm

black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby withahip » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:23 pm

Scouser wrote:Dont judge it on first listen...its got an insidious melody that worms its way into your brain and wont let go. Its classic pervy electro mode (it sounds almost Music For The Masses era DM).

HAHAHAHAHAAH! Don't judge on first listen?!?!?!?!?

The very first bars had me 100%! This is classic in Songs of Faith and Devotion which I still think is NOT dated.

This song is an auspicious melody to the new album!!!!

Thanks for posting!
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby JackT » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:32 pm

withahip wrote:HAHAHAHAHAAH! Don't judge on first listen?!?!?!?!?

The very first bars had me 100%! This is classic in Songs of Faith and Devotion which I still think is NOT dated.

This song is an auspicious melody to the new album!!!!

Thanks for posting!

I like it too.
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Epsilon » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:34 pm

Me too. Really good. Can't wait to see them after so many years.
You put your lips to her lips to stop the lie.
Epsilon

Postby withahip » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:05 pm

Epsilon wrote:Me too. Really good. Can't wait to see them after so many years.

Look guys! a dreamy angel appears in the sky!!!
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby kook » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:30 am

Thanks for posting that, Scouser.

It's like xmas has come early/late.
The song is brilliant!!

If I had a granny to sell for that box set, I would.

I can't wait for June!
Every word is like an unnecessary stain on silence and nothingness.
kook
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Kounelaki » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:18 am

"Wrong" video
Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Gods Will Be Gods