The Obligatory Depeche Mode thread

We know there is more to life than the music of the Bunnymen. Talk about those other bands here.

Postby Scouser » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:20 am

That is fucking disturbing...but really quite brilliant!
Mr. Brian, I find that offensive.

Scouser's inability to se others' point of view is rather grating.
Scouser
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:51 am

That's a pretty bitchin' song and video and goddamn Gahan's voice sounds fuckin' great.

<div><object width="480" height="381"><param name="movie" value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/k29stSValQnjRhXHgx&related=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/k29stSValQnjRhXHgx&related=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="381" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object><br><b><a>Depeche Mode - Wrong Video Clip</a></b><br><i>Uploaded by <a>Mightybaut</a></i></div>
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby Scouser » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:54 pm

The box set version is £61 at HMV online (jaw hits floor)

Scouser
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:16 pm

$86.00 huh?

That's $11.00 more than I paid for the Joy Division box set which at the time was billed as every studio recording the band ever made. I guess the joke was on those record labels!
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby Scouser » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:26 pm

I dont think I can morally justify sixty quid for an album, a cardboard box, some photos, a few remixes and a dvd. Even if it is from the best band in the world, ever.

Scouser
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Kounelaki » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:50 pm

black francis wrote:That's $11.00 more than I paid for the Joy Division box set which at the time was billed as every studio recording the band ever made. I guess the joke was on those record labels!

:eek: I got that for 35 euros.
Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby withahip » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:11 pm

A lot of the videos might pop up on youtube and the songs emailed mp3s.

Feb 2009

As one of the most influential bands of the post-punk era with global sales in excess of 100 million, Depeche Mode will return in the Spring with their 12th studio album - 'Sounds Of The Universe.'

This Deluxe Box Set contains the 'Sounds Of The Universe' album CD, a second disc including brand new bonus tracks and remixes of new songs and a third CD with an exclusive collection of demos, from both the new album and songs from throughout Depeche Mode's career.

The Box Set DVD includes three films, the promo video for first single 'Wrong' (directed by Patrick Daughters), the album and five bonus tracks in 5.1 surround sound, plus four songs filmed live in the studio in December 2008.

The two-piece, custom made box also contains two 84-page hardback books, one featuring the lyrics to all the songs from the 'Sounds Of The Universe' sessions, accompanied by exclusive photography by Anton Corbijn and the second contains exclusive and candid studio photography by Daniel Miller, Ben Hillier, Luke Smith and Ferg Peterkin.
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:47 pm

Kounelaki wrote::eek: I got that for 35 euros.

Mine is 11 years old.
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby withahip » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:50 pm

Brand new bonus tracks? The new tracks are bonus, aren't they? You get pretty bonused on this.
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Kounelaki » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:59 pm

black francis wrote:Mine is 11 years old.

Being an early adopter is expensive.
Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby withahip » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:36 pm

I love that that tune stays totally thumping all the way through - so simple.
It always aggravates me when a song like that takes some weird turn like the god awful keyboard solo in "The Time Of The Season" by the Zombies or the flute/chat interlude in "Nights In White Satin" by Moody Blues.
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Scouser » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:49 am

Its a belter.

The driving beats, the harmonies towards the end, Gahan's voice...Its awesome.

Scouser
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:41 pm

withahip wrote:I love that that tune stays totally thumping all the way through - so simple.
It always aggravates me when a song like that takes some weird turn like the god awful keyboard solo in "The Time Of The Season" by the Zombies or the flute/chat interlude in "Nights In White Satin" by Moody Blues.

Yeah cause we all know how that goes.
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby withahip » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:46 pm

black francis wrote:Yeah cause we all know how that goes.

the keyboard solo goes do dod dod do dod dododo ddo dodododod dodod odo.

It is really annoying.
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby JackT » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:57 pm

withahip wrote:the keyboard solo goes do dod dod do dod dododo ddo dodododod dodod odo.

It is really annoying.

I think it's more like dod od doddo dod do do do ddodo dododod dodo dodo.
"He was a mongoose, rather like a little cat in his fur and his tail, but quite like a weasel in his head and his habits."
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Gods Will Be Gods