Boy Kill Boy

We know there is more to life than the music of the Bunnymen. Talk about those other bands here.

Boy Kill Boy

Postby redgumball » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:55 am

Bunnymen Mention

Has anyone heard of or taken a liking to Boy Kill Boy?

http://www.myspace.com/boykillboy

Evidently MAC likes them and they've been in-communicado on the latest album. Sez so in the article, doesn't it?

-----------------------

BOY Kill Boy are back. Following the gold-selling success of last year’s Civilian, the Essex quartet have returned with new album Stars And The Sea.

Now they’re heading up to Liverpool to play the Barfly and meet up with new best friend Ian McCulloch, who they met while touring America’s east coast with Echo & The Bunnymen.

“Me and Ian became good friends,” says singer Chris Peck. “When I saw Echo & The Bunnymen live it blew me away.

“They were the only band I’ve stood and watched every single night, from 50 different points. There ended up being an almost psychic connection between Ian and myself, me playing him our new album at 3 in the morning, and him playing me his.”

Boy Kill Boy – Chris plus Shaz (drums), Pete Carr (keyboards) and Kevin Chase (bass / vocals) – cite their influences as The Cure, Psychedelic Furs and, indeed, Echo & The Bunnymen.

Chris says: “I’ve always been a massive fan of albums like (The Cure’s) 17 Seconds, and a song like (Stars And The Sea’s) Kidda Kidda is directly inspired by those records, and our experiences with The Bunnymen.”
redgumball

Postby JackT » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:58 am

"Incommunicado" means "without the means to communicate."
"He was a mongoose, rather like a little cat in his fur and his tail, but quite like a weasel in his head and his habits."
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby blinkilite » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:24 am

i like boy kill boy. they opened for the bunnymen on the east coast leg of the tour last summer... the guys were very nice and i thought their album was decent... they even came to hang out at Will's DJ set in NYC :smile:
not just another drop in the ocean
blinkilite

Re: Boy Kill Boy

Postby Frank The Bunny » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:28 am

redgumball wrote:Evidently MAC likes them

If Ian McCulloch likes them, that's good enough for me.
The man is legendary for his good judgement.
Frank The Bunny
Über Fan
Über Fan

Re: Boy Kill Boy

Postby JackT » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:02 am

Frank The Bunny wrote:
redgumball wrote:Evidently MAC likes them

If Ian McCulloch likes them, that's good enough for me.
The man is legendary for his good judgement.

As much as it pains me: LOL.
"He was a mongoose, rather like a little cat in his fur and his tail, but quite like a weasel in his head and his habits."
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Return to Gods Will Be Gods