The great big U2 thread

We know there is more to life than the music of the Bunnymen. Talk about those other bands here.

Re: The great big U2 thread

Postby fat cherry » Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:14 pm

Aaaaaaand here it comes

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Title-117895-C ... marturl-21

And there's an animation he made, with him reading from his book. Sarge could learn a thing or two fron young bonio. Oh and according to amazon, its already a #1 best seller, even though its not ought yet.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:16 pm

bonio wrote: When I started to write this book I was hoping to draw in detail what I'd previously only sketched in songs. The people, places, and possibilities in my life. Surrender is a word freighted with meaning for me. Growing up in Ireland in the seventies with my fists up (musically speaking), it was not a natural concept. A word I only circled until I gathered my thoughts for the book. I am still grappling with this most humbling of commands. In the band, in my marriage, in my faith, in my life as an activist. Surrender is the story of one pilgrim's lack of progress ... With a fair amount of fun along the way.' - Bono
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:35 am

fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:09 am

fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:11 pm

See, I fancy reading this but fear the ever so 'umble rock star bit is going to wind me up. And the reviews aren't helping the dread....

a kind of poetic grandiloquence that tempers a default long-windedness throughout these 40 chapters (the “songs” of the title).

But you don’t come to the 500+-page memoir by a big-mouth vocalist of a squillion-selling stadium act for pithiness

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2022/ ... to-mandela
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Previous

Return to Gods Will Be Gods