The Seldom Seen Kid - Elbow

We know there is more to life than the music of the Bunnymen. Talk about those other bands here.

The Seldom Seen Kid - Elbow

Postby Scouser » Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:14 am

I'd be very suprised if a better album comes out this year.
Mr. Brian, I find that offensive.

Scouser's inability to se others' point of view is rather grating.
Scouser
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dave Smith » Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:33 pm

I wont.The most uninteresting beardy in indie rock history comes over all 'Leadbelly at the Depot'.Give me a break.Too scared to give Mew their backdrop.
Dave Smith
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dr Cheese » Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:45 am

Cast of Thousands was brilliant but I wasn't too keen on their last effort. Still, I'll give this one a listen.
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dave Smith » Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:59 am

tbh I just dont 'get' Elbow.I know people rave about them but to me they just seem.......uninteresting.Even more average live.I saw them at the Move festival with the Bunnymen and had to endure them to see Mew support a few years ago.Perhaps the fans all have 'Bear' fetishes . :eek:
Dave Smith
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dr Cheese » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:43 am

Had my first listen today, the jury's still out at the moment, I sort of enjoyed it but it had outstayed it's welcome by the end. I'll give it a bit longer though, their new stuff always takes a while to grow on me.

On a separate note is Guy Garvey secretly Peter Gabriel?
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dr Cheese » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:40 pm

Elbow at Glastonbury - marvelous!

I didn't realise Jonny Vegas had joined them though (arf!) If you can't be arsed watching it all fast forward to about 25 mins, it's f*cking brilliant!
And you know that I'll pick up
Every time you call
Just to thank you one more time
Alcohol
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Scouser » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:31 pm

Its a great album, but eclipsed by the Wild Beasts debut (insert Dave Smith rant about eunuchs and comedy drag acts)

Mr. Brian, I find that offensive.

Scouser's inability to se others' point of view is rather grating.
Scouser
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dave Smith » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:06 pm

You already beat me to it.Most interesting live stuff at that festival I dont watch,hypothetically speaking,were Vampire Weekend.If I'd...watched any of it of course.

Bit disappointed that MGMT played to backing tapes for some of the songs.It was like Karaoke.Dont get Elbow.Poor mans Grandaddy.The Enemy sounded like The Stooges.Top stuff.I've just been laughing at Tim 'the knob' Westwood getting 'fresh' with Jay-z.What a plonker.
Dave Smith
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dr Cheese » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:57 pm

Dave Smith wrote:I've just been laughing at Tim 'the knob' Westwood getting 'fresh' with Jay-z.What a plonker.

I ain't frontin' but a middle-aged, middle-class white man trying to sound like he comes from the 'hood? The man's a complete cock but he makes me laugh, you get me Dog? Dammmmnnn. POW POW POW!

Anybody see The Verve? I thought they were ok but why do they have to drag everything out to twice it's length with all that pseudo psychedelic noodling!

My missus : Who are these then?

Me (rolling eyes) : The Verve

Missus : The Ver?

Me (with infinite patience) : No, The VERVE!

Missus : They're rubbish, they sound like a boring Oasis and Oasis are rubbish anyway!

Me : Er ....

Saying that, the last two numbers (Bitter Sweet Symphony and the new single) were brilliant!
Every time you call
Alcohol
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dave Smith » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:36 am

Never got the Verve either really.I find McCabes guitar playing very messy and Ashcroft takes himself far too seriously.Their career had a huge leg-up from Noel when he started to champion them.

Westwood to Jay-Z looking at his clothes,
"Wow thats fresh,thats pre-fresh,fresh.Yes sir,Japanese sneekers,thats FRESH".What a cock.He must be 50.
Dave Smith
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:52 am

I know a woman who thinks ashcroft is sex on legs, but she has odd tastes, if you ask me he always comes across as a bit of a gobshite nob, yesterday on the radio they kept playing his chit chat before bittersweet symphony - the yes i know its hard for you losers out there speech, man of the people my arse. And though I wouldn't deny the symphony song has a certain atmosphere, you cant forget its someone elses tune.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dr Cheese » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:24 am

This man is 51 years old!

Every time you call
Alcohol
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Re: The Seldom Seen Kid - Elbow

Postby fat cherry » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:30 am

but back to elbow, bit hit and miss and prone to proggy interludes. But when they're good they're brill, I'd say. Each album seems to have two or three really good songs and a load, not so. This is good, with some american bloke singing along.

fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Re: The Seldom Seen Kid - Elbow

Postby Kounelaki » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:02 am

Snap. I listened to Elbow yesterday for the first time in yonks.
Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Return to Gods Will Be Gods