Bands in need of a last ever concert

We know there is more to life than the music of the Bunnymen. Talk about those other bands here.

Re: Bands in need of a last ever concert

Postby fat cherry » Fri May 25, 2018 5:38 pm

When I was in New York for the first time about 18 months ago I did go and worship at the clothes shop that used to be cbgb and had my picture taken (much to the amusement of the staff) at the ramones wall at the back. I really should have worn more black though.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Kounelaki » Fri May 25, 2018 11:53 pm

A friend from Toronto's band played at CBGB in the early 1990s. They had themselves photographed outside and he proudly sent us all colour photocopies.
Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Sat May 26, 2018 1:46 am

Kounelaki wrote:A friend from Toronto's band played at CBGB in the early 1990s. They had themselves photographed outside and he proudly sent us all colour photocopies.

We want to see the all colour photocopies.
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby Kounelaki » Tue May 29, 2018 2:02 am

The colour photocopy is on the other side of the Atlantic. Soz. Happy French Open!
Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:54 pm

fat cherry wrote:When I was in New York for the first time about 18 months ago I did go and worship at the clothes shop that used to be cbgb and had my picture taken (much to the amusement of the staff) at the ramones wall at the back. I really should have worn more black though.

by coincidence I came across the film (movie for our american chums) CBGB over the weekend, with Alan Rickman playing the bloke who ran it. Its kind of a film / movie without a plot, or much of one anyways though the bands are all interesting, and they've gone a long way to have some of them look just like who they are supposed to be, apart from Rupert Grint who looks like that kid from Harry Potter, oh and Lou Reed, who you wouldn't guess he's supposed to be Lou Reed except everyone calls him Lou, and he's humourously belligerant as he was in real life (exhibit A, you tube).
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Previous

Return to Gods Will Be Gods