Fleetwood Mac

We know there is more to life than the music of the Bunnymen. Talk about those other bands here.

Fleetwood Mac

Postby fat cherry » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:08 am

Not that it matters much to me, I think I have rumours, but even then I thought it wasn't as good as when peter green played guitar (you may sense a pattern there kiddies), just one of those albums that was everywhere and was playing the night I copped off with Karen from the Lower Sixth at my mate Rob's 18th - and then when I read about all the shenanigans going on in the band, well, I never. So its kind of comforting that even after 40 years they still can't agree, and that we're all normal (just don't have as many drugs I guess):

http://www.nme.com/news/music/fleetwood ... es-2302719

Stevie Nicks wrote:Some couples get divorced after 40 years,” she continued. “They break their kids’ hearts and destroy everyone around them because it’s just hard. This is sad for me, but I want the next 10 years of my life to be really fun and happy. I want to get up every day and dance around my apartment and smile and say, ‘Thank god for this amazing life.’
Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/music/fleetwood ... JiJISG3.99

All down to scheduling apparently - and just after Christine got back on stage and she did a]n albun with the bloke they chucked out. Hmmm, I have an idea for a new telly show - do you think they'll buy it?
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Re: Fleetwood Mac

Postby Kounelaki » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:01 pm

Just finished reading 45. Bill Drummond sat near Peter Green on a plane once.
Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby TenNewPence » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:44 am

fat cherry wrote:Not that it matters much to me, I think I have rumours, but even then I thought it wasn't as good as when peter green played guitar (you may sense a pattern there kiddies), just one of those albums that was everywhere and was playing the night I copped off with Karen from the Lower Sixth at my mate Rob's 18th - and then when I read about all the shenanigans going on in the band, well, I never. So its kind of comforting that even after 40 years they still can't agree, and that we're all normal (just don't have as many drugs I guess):

http://www.nme.com/news/music/fleetwood ... es-2302719

Stevie Nicks wrote:Some couples get divorced after 40 years,” she continued. “They break their kids’ hearts and destroy everyone around them because it’s just hard. This is sad for me, but I want the next 10 years of my life to be really fun and happy. I want to get up every day and dance around my apartment and smile and say, ‘Thank god for this amazing life.’
Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/music/fleetwood ... JiJISG3.99

All down to scheduling apparently - and just after Christine got back on stage and she did a]n albun with the bloke they chucked out. Hmmm, I have an idea for a new telly show - do you think they'll buy it?

Man of he World beats anything on Rumours IMO
TenNewPence

Postby fat cherry » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:24 am

It does, brings a manly tear to my eye every time. For a short period th egreatest hits album was the one me and my mates would listen to, then they all went onto Led Zep and Yes and all that shite and I went onto, well, this and that.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:52 am

fat cherry wrote:It does, brings a manly tear to my eye every time. For a short period th egreatest hits album was the one me and my mates would listen to, then they all went onto Led Zep and Yes and all that shite and I went onto, well, this and that.

And what about Karen?
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:51 am

Just a sweet memory old chap. And that's all I'm admitting to (assuming the mystery will elevate my lothario status somewhat. Did I day elevate? Shouldn't read too much into that).
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:07 pm

fat cherry wrote:Just a sweet memory old chap. And that's all I'm admitting to (assuming the mystery will elevate my lothario status somewhat. Did I day elevate? Shouldn't read too much into that).

:eek: :redface:
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dr Cheese » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:39 pm

Stevie Nicks can't really sing but you don't mind because she was quite fit in her prime - discuss.
And you know that I'll pick up
Every time you call
Just to thank you one more time
Alcohol
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:57 am

Dr Cheese wrote:Stevie Nicks can't really sing but you don't mind because she was quite fit in her prime - discuss.

Exhibit A: cheryl cole, mistress of the autotune, not unattractive but flippin awful. Not that I'd tell her to her face in a public washroom of course. So maybe its the hippy dippy lace and scarves thing that turns us on. Ah, kind of wish I hadn't said THAT on THIS forum now.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:09 am

Voodoo Billy wrote:
fat cherry wrote:And what about Karen?

Don't know why I'm sharing this VB, but was just thinking and it made me laugh - a couple of years before I met the present Mrs FC I had a very brief liaison with a woman (I think I've mentioned her before - I knew it was doomed when I said something about a favourite band and she said, favourite band? How old are you? 12?). But anyway whilst I was working on my exit strategy she had mentioned she used to hang around with this girl, and she still saw another goddess of the sixth form (my words not hers) - the lovely Lynn. So one half of my brain is saying 'run for the hills cherry old boy', another is saying 'hang on a minute, wait another week or so and you might just bump into some blast from the past (and sail into the sunset etc etc etc etc). Anyways, didn't happen so it was a midnight flit and a 'its not you its me' conversation. Anyway, fleetwood mac - the second half of Oh Well. Brilliant.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:06 am

and here we are

fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:08 am

and here she is (stevie not sixth form kaz)

fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dr Cheese » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:55 am

Here she is again - you would though wouldn't you!

And you know that I'll pick up
Every time you call
Just to thank you one more time
Alcohol
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:29 am

dirty boy ;-)
fat cherry
Über Fan