Johnny Marr & Maxine Peake

We know there is more to life than the music of the Bunnymen. Talk about those other bands here.

Johnny Marr & Maxine Peake

Postby fat cherry » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:41 am

Words to make you run for the hills perhaps:

Marr wrote:Maxine and I are using it as a piece of art that happens to be social commentary

Not sure I agree with his other statement - well not from the supposed guitar genius of his generation anyways, but what would I know.,

Johnny wrote:I wanted to try something different and take the guitars in a slightly different direction. You can’t really do that in rock songs.

But is quite good neverthless. Mind you Maxine's always worth a watch, or a listen in this case.

(didn't work when I tested it that link, buts its on the nme page down below.
NMe intrview
http://www.nme.com/music-interviews/joh ... er-2206723
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Re: Johnny Marr & Maxine Peake

Postby fat cherry » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:43 am

Not suggesting anything untoward but that pulsing guitar line sounds a bit like the guitar on the last track on curvature of the earth, oh, and here it is.

fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:55 am

Thank you FC, it's pretty good isn't it.
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:25 pm

it is, listened over a few times now.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby TenNewPence » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:49 pm

But is quite good neverthless. Mind you Maxine's always worth a watch, or a listen in this case.

Seen Maxine a few times at the Royal Exchange and must agree always worth a watch.

Whatever happened to that "The Village" series she did on the BBC with John Sims (Mac's buddy)?

Apologies in advance for digressing from Mr Marr
TenNewPence

Postby fat cherry » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:02 pm

No digression, she's in the title. Though none of us here could really complain about someone derailing a thread. What I meant was she's always good whatever she's in, though i do remember her doing the ironing without her shirt on in sShameless. Didnt see that, but she also good in that program about the asian blokes in rotherham grooming young girls. Also went to see a play she wrote about (not so) famous cyclist beryl burton. But she wasnt in it.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dr Cheese » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:28 am

Featuring Maxine Peake on vocals!

And you know that I'll pick up
Every time you call
Just to thank you one more time
Alcohol
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:09 am

Thank you DrC. I really like that Eccentronic Research Council stuff. The Moonlandingz originated from their second album didn't they.
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby TenNewPence » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:28 am

fat cherry wrote:No digression, she's in the title. Though none of us here could really complain about someone derailing a thread. What I meant was she's always good whatever she's in, though i do remember her doing the ironing without her shirt on in sShameless. Didnt see that, but she also good in that program about the asian blokes in rotherham grooming young girls. Also went to see a play she wrote about (not so) famous cyclist beryl burton. But she wasnt in it.

Thanks FC, just remembered she was in the first series of Early Doors. Off to the Lowry to see the stage version in September. Will cease digressing now :biggrin:
TenNewPence

Postby Dr Cheese » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:45 am

TenNewPence wrote:Off to the Lowry to see the stage version in September.

Tried to get tickets for that but left it too late and it was sold out - gutted! :cry:
And you know that I'll pick up
Every time you call
Just to thank you one more time
Alcohol
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby TenNewPence » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:33 am

Just seen advert for Early Doors UK Arena Tour. Appears tickets are selling fast
TenNewPence

Return to Gods Will Be Gods