KLF

We know there is more to life than the music of the Bunnymen. Talk about those other bands here.

KLF

Postby crystal daze » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:06 am

https://twitter.com/K2PLANTHIRE?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

"The Justified Ancients of Mu Mu are currently at work in their light industrial unit. This work will not be made public until the 23rd of August 2017"
There's times when I've been deeply indifferent
crystal daze

Re: KLF

Postby crystal daze » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:09 am

From the Beeb

So, The KLF. Are they back or aren't they?

Well, this is a tricky one - there have been rumours abound all week that arty electronic band The KLF are coming back after two decades aayf.*

For those too young to remember, the duo - Jimmy Cauty and Bill Drummond - had a string of hits in the early 90s, such as What Time is Love and Justified and Ancient and, as the Timelords - Doctorin' the Tardis.

Then in, 1992, the band and thrash punk group Extreme Noise Terror performed a live version of their song 3 a.m. Eternal, culminating in a kilted, cigar-chomping Drummond firing blanks from an automatic weapon into the crowd.

A voice over the PA system announced "The KLF have now left the music business" and later in the evening the band dumped a dead sheep at the entrance to one of the post-ceremony parties.

They also burned a million pounds on a remote Scottish island.

Could you see James Bay or Ed Sheeran doing any of that?

At the beginning of the week, a montage video got people excited but Drummond said, in a statement: "Jimmy and I have always remained very close but we have no plans to reform the KLF or exploit our back catalogue in any way".

Now, a cryptic poster in London seems to suggest they are back from their self-imposed exile.

The poster seems to promise some kind of new work in August but adds "the Justified Ancients Of Mu Mu have no interest in anything that seeks to comment on, bounce off, glorify, debunk or resurrect their historical work."

We'll find out in just over six months.

* That was their misprint, not mine :eek:
There's times when I've been deeply indifferent
crystal daze

Postby Dr Cheese » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:11 pm

Blimey! Loved The KLF.
And you know that I'll pick up
Every time you call
Just to thank you one more time
Alcohol
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Kounelaki » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:53 am

Return of the KLF: ‘They were agents of chaos. Now the world they anticipated is here’
https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/ ... immy-cauty

Bunnymen mention.
Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Tue May 02, 2017 12:20 am

Pretentious wank!
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby Dr Cheese » Tue May 02, 2017 6:56 am

black francis wrote:Pretentious wank!

Bollocks, they were fucking hilarious! C'mon everybody ... Mu Mu ... Mu Mu ... KLF!

And you know that I'll pick up
Every time you call
Just to thank you one more time
Alcohol
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Return to Gods Will Be Gods