Get your VilliersTerrace.com T-shirt today!

Have a question about the website or a suggestion? Found a typo? Something not working right on the forum?

Postby JackT » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:27 pm

black francis wrote:In the interest of full disclosure I want to add I think Richard Simmons is an amazing human being.

I also think Freddie Mercury was awesome. What a singer that guy was.
"He was a mongoose, rather like a little cat in his fur and his tail, but quite like a weasel in his head and his habits."
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby In The Margins » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:58 pm

moondance wrote:Image

Years and years ago I was touring the Liberace museum (located in a shopping center in Las Vegas, naturally) and right in front of his sparkle encrusted jumpsuits and rhinestone laden rolls royces these two old ladies looked at each other and one of them said, "It's a shame he never married." The other one nodded.
In The Margins
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Frank The Bunny » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:10 pm

In The Margins wrote:Years and years ago I was touring the Liberace museum (located in a shopping center in Las Vegas, naturally) and right in front of his sparkle encrusted jumpsuits and rhinestone laden rolls royces these two old ladies looked at each other and one of them said, "It's a shame he never married." The other one nodded.

I believe the above was from Reno 911, Season 3 Episode 8: Clemmy Marries a Dead Guy. First aired August 2, 2005.

"Clemmy becomes engaged to a rich owner of a hot tub chain. Only one problem: He's dead. Meanwhile, Garcia and Williams guard Liberace's piano."
Frank The Bunny
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby snowbunny » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:17 pm

Mr. Brian wrote:That was fun while it lasted. My design was rejected. I assume that anyone who ordered one will get theirs or their method of payment will be credited back by spreadshirt.com if they were charged at all at this point. Many places don't actually take the payment until an item ships. My order is currently "in production"

Hello Brian,

Our Legal Team has checked the design(s) you have uploaded. Unfortunately, we cannot accept this design for use in your account.

Design name:
Design-ID: 3116059
Uploaded: 09/13/2008
Reason: copyright

You know, if you happened to email a high-res image to people who might request it, and if those people were to print it onto transfer paper and iron it onto a shirt, there would be nothing YOU could do about that...
snowbunny

Postby Epsilon » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:50 pm

Snowbunny, I just realized you put that Ian/Elvis picture as your avatar.
That image will take on a life of its own. So funny.
You put your lips to her lips to stop the lie.
Epsilon

Postby Mr. Brian » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:12 am

Mr. Brian wrote:No

I'm sure it was just the fact that I used a very famous picture of Elvis and I have never thought otherwise.

Now do I think otherwise because of this complaint on the posting of bootleg Bunnymen torrents at about the same time...

http://wiki.dimeadozen.org/index.php/Ec ... e_Bunnymen
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Frank The Bunny » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:29 am

Yeah, between this and the dimeadozen incident, it seems someone's trying to ruin your fun, Mr. Brian.
Frank The Bunny
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby In The Margins » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:58 pm

It's a safe bet that using someone's likeness or image without permission is what got the t-shirt pulled. Could have been from the Elvis side or the Mac side.

But given the crackdown on the torrent (and most likely the youtube videos to follow) it seems quite likely the Mac side is the one that complained.

These folks remind me of the old saying: They're so cheap, they wouldn't fart in public for fear of giving away the smell for free.
In The Margins
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby snowbunny » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:14 pm

Epsilon wrote:Snowbunny, I just realized you put that Ian/Elvis picture as your avatar.
That image will take on a life of its own. So funny.

Yeah, think I'll not use it on the official forum, though!
D'ya wanna know what's wrong with the world?
Everywhere there's people with no flowers in their hair...
snowbunny

Postby zabird » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:57 pm

blinkilite wrote:the ian mcelvis shirt probably would have lasted longer if we didn't call it "elvis". i can't imagine the corporate people's search would find it otherwise.

maybe we can still make it in secret. i want one!! :evil:

I just found this thread.

Anyway, here's a possible solution. I don't know if it'll work or not but if you really want one .... Kinko's offers one-of-a-kind personalized gifts, including T-shirts and mugs. According to a friend who did this with a photo from the paper (and didn't get any grief over potential copyright violations when he went to pick it up), all you do is upload your photo of choice in their handy-dandy personalized gift section, order a shirt, pay for it and pick it up.
zabird
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Frank The Bunny » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:50 pm

Mr. Brian -
Mine arrived today.
Looks good, though next time I'd go with a PNG file rather than a JPG. You can make the black transparent, rather than print black on black

If you want it, it's yours.
Frank The Bunny
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Mr. Brian » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:53 pm

Frank The Bunny wrote:Mr. Brian -
Mine arrived today.
Looks good, though next time I'd go with a PNG file rather than a JPG. You can make the black transparent, rather than print black on black

If you want it, it's yours.

No thanks I have one. Maybe we can package it up and mail it to... someone.
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Frank The Bunny » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:56 pm

Mr. Brian wrote:No thanks I have one. Maybe we can package it up and mail it to... someone.
PA?
Frank The Bunny
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby crystal daze » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:32 pm

Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue. Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! Bork! Bork!

Thanks, I always wondered what he was singing. :lol: :lol: :lol:
There's times when I've been deeply indifferent
crystal daze

Postby Kounelaki » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:45 pm

crystal daze wrote:
Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue. Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! Bork! Bork!

Thanks, I always wondered what he was singing. :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Bork! Bork! Bork!
Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

PreviousNext

Return to All I Want