Pixels

Have a question about the website or a suggestion? Found a typo? Something not working right on the forum?

Pixels

Postby Karen » Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:46 pm

Ive been trying to put a pic on here but haven't had much luck. How do I know what thier pixels are? How many Jpgs are they. Its like another language to me.
Karen

Re: Pixels

Postby Frank The Bunny » Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:53 pm

Karen wrote:Ive been trying to put a pic on here but haven't had much luck. How do I know what thier pixels are? How many Jpgs are they. Its like another language to me.

Jpg is the format of the image file - like gif or bmp

The best way to resize a photo for your icon is to open the image in your graphis program (assuming you have one installed), then resize the image so that the shorter side (width or length) is 80 pixels. Then, reduce the canvas size to 80 x 80, and save a copy of the edited image to your desktop
Frank The Bunny
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby moondance » Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:02 pm

Karen, you can also upload a photo to photobucket, and make sure that the upload will be "avatar sized". There is a very small line under the upload bar(a blue bar that says "Images from my PC" that says "maximum image size (options). Click the options hyperlink before you upload the image and set it to 'avatar' 100x75 pixels.
moondance

Postby JackT » Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:04 pm

moondance wrote:Karen, you can also upload a photo to photobucket, and make sure that the upload will be "avatar sized". There is a very small line under the upload bar(a blue bar that says "Images from my PC" that says "maximum image size (options). Click the options hyperlink before you upload the image and set it to 'avatar' 100x75 pixels.

Of course, you will be violating forum rules which state clearly a maximum size of 80x80. I myself am a 100x75 scofflaw.
"He was a mongoose, rather like a little cat in his fur and his tail, but quite like a weasel in his head and his habits."
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby snowbunny » Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:45 pm

JackT wrote:Of course, you will be violating forum rules which state clearly a maximum size of 80x80. I myself am a 100x75 scofflaw.

Rules? We don't need no stinkin' rules...
snowbunny

Postby violets » Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:40 am

Here's a link I go to for resizing pictures (my current avatar was resized here):
http://www.shrinkpictures.com/
It's nice that you don't have to download software to your computer. After they resize the pic just save the picture file to your computer.
:)
violets

Postby moondance » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:54 pm

Much obliged for that link violets. 8)
moondance

Return to All I Want