People Are People

Have a question about the website or a suggestion? Found a typo? Something not working right on the forum?

People Are People

Postby Dr Cheese » Wed May 21, 2014 3:08 am

How come whenever someone types people it automatically links to a Russian fashion shopping site? :confused:
And you know that I'll pick up
Every time you call
Just to thank you one more time
Alcohol
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Re: People Are People

Postby Mr. Brian » Wed May 21, 2014 11:21 am

I am not seeing this but we did have that other issue recently. Are you saying the word "people" becomes a link that you can click on? Is anyone else seeing this?
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Voodoo Billy » Wed May 21, 2014 11:29 am

No idea what he's on about, but I'm expecting a marble bust of Lenin and a blonde from St Petersburg in the post any day now. :lol:
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Mr. Brian » Wed May 21, 2014 11:42 am

We PMed each other and it stopped for him but I don't want to be too dismissive of it since we DID have another issue with malware causing redirects not too long ago. In this case it seems different in that it is supposedly creating links to click on as if it is being replaced. I've looked through threads and see nothing like that. I ran the forum through the same malware detection site that helped find the other issue and it came up clean. I don't see any suspicious activity like new spam accounts or anything like that either.

My suggestion for now would be for Dr Cheese to run Malwarebytes or something similar on his PC as well as an anti-virus scan in case it is something on his side.

Also, please let me know if you see anything suspicious activity with the forum that may not seem right.
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby black francis » Wed May 21, 2014 11:48 pm

Dr Cheese wrote:How come whenever someone types people it automatically links to a Russian fashion shopping site? :confused:

This forum isn't about your sick, twisted fetishes my good doctor.
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby Dr Cheese » Thu May 22, 2014 3:29 am

Mr. Brian wrote:
My suggestion for now would be for Dr Cheese to run Malwarebytes or something similar on his PC as well as an anti-virus scan in case it is something on his side.

All clean, it only happened for a couple of hours then stopped. Damned interweb! :evil:
Every time you call
Alcohol
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Thu May 22, 2014 5:49 am

Found a hedgehog in the garden yesterday, don't think it was Russian, may be totally unrelated to this issue. Can't be too careful though.
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dr Cheese » Thu May 22, 2014 6:18 am

black francis wrote:
This forum isn't about your sick, twisted fetishes my good doctor.

C'mon, this is a sexy guy!

Every time you call
Alcohol
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Thu May 22, 2014 11:02 am

When you're right, you're right...

With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby Dr Cheese » Fri May 23, 2014 3:02 am

Awesome.
Every time you call
Alcohol
Dr Cheese
Über Fan