nme.com

Have a question about the website or a suggestion? Found a typo? Something not working right on the forum?

nme.com

Postby shadows on the trees » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:33 pm

So Mr Brian, do you pay for that little blurb about VT on the NME that pops up when you search for Echo and the Bunnymen?
shadows on the trees

Re: nme.com

Postby DivaDiana77 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:26 am

shadows on the trees wrote:So Mr Brian, do you pay for that little blurb about VT on the NME that pops up when you search for Echo and the Bunnymen?

Oh, is that how we are getting more members lately?
I long for the pork of Porcupine. (A slide show dedicated mostly to Will right here.... http://www.examiner.com/rock-music-in-l ... -here-tour)
DivaDiana77
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby tonywojo » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:21 pm

DivaDiana77 wrote:Oh, is that how we are getting more members lately?

so u are courtney love

hole and depeche mode reviews in tonight's evening standard people.
i sometimes use caps and punctuation for emphasis
tonywojo
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby DivaDiana77 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:45 pm

tonywojo wrote:so u are courtney love

hole and depeche mode reviews in tonight's evening standard people.

Love reading my reviews! damn, it's hard when you're written about near Depeche Mode though.
I long for the pork of Porcupine. (A slide show dedicated mostly to Will right here.... http://www.examiner.com/rock-music-in-l ... -here-tour)
DivaDiana77
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby tonywojo » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:52 pm

DivaDiana77 wrote:Love reading my reviews! damn, it's hard when you're written about near Depeche Mode though.

yeah some people get overexcited on here
tonywojo
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Mr. Brian » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:18 pm

shadows on the trees wrote:So Mr Brian, do you pay for that little blurb about VT on the NME that pops up when you search for Echo and the Bunnymen?

No I don't but I wish I did!

I went there and did a search and didn't see it :frown:
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby shadows on the trees » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:34 am

I don't see it there now, either, but for months there has been this little ad that said something like "for all the latest Bunnymen news visit villiersterrace.com." Odd that it's gone now...
shadows on the trees

Postby black francis » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:03 am

The first rule of VT is you don't talk about VT.

Had you just kept quiet those pop ups would still be there.
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby shadows on the trees » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:27 am

Damn.

Damn. (Since "damn" is too short to post here.)
shadows on the trees

Postby Mr. Brian » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:19 am

shadows on the trees wrote:I don't see it there now, either, but for months there has been this little ad that said something like "for all the latest Bunnymen news visit villiersterrace.com." Odd that it's gone now...

Well I'll bet our new visitors were in for a shock when they got here.

I think they probably just automatically pull info from Google. Their website search seems to be aligned with Google.
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby shadows on the trees » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:07 pm

You're probably right, Mr B.
shadows on the trees

Postby Mr. Brian » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:45 pm

shadows on the trees wrote:You're probably right, Mr B.

It's still nice to get a plug for the site. My Google alerts on villiersterrace.com that I get linked to a nice plug from McCranks's

http://mccranksjuke.blogspot.com/2010/0 ... -1981.html

Well, well seems like the Bunnymen.com website is getting some juice from the fine folks at SXSW, who've named the site runner-up in a huge contest of sorts. I think that is good considering how few users visit the place. I rather prefer the footloose atmosphere over at Villiers Terrace.com - The Ultimate Echo and the Bunnymen Discography. It seems rather like a pub that you'd find Ian Mcculloch in, lots of loud voices, cheer, and some ramblings funnny enough to rival Comedy Central. The .com site on the other hand, is pure 100% beef - meaning marketing, twittering, and re-selling the golden oldies via advertising efforts. The real people, fans - meet up on the Terrace. Enuff about that - either way any news for Bunnymen.com is good news. This below show comes kindly from the fine folks at Villers Terrace - the fan site for all things Bunnymen.
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby tonywojo » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:50 pm

Mr. Brian wrote:It's still nice to get a plug for the site. My Google alerts on villiersterrace.com that I get linked to a nice plug from McCranks's

http://mccranksjuke.blogspot.com/2010/0 ... -1981.html

Well, well seems like the Bunnymen.com website is getting some juice from the fine folks at SXSW, who've named the site runner-up in a huge contest of sorts. I think that is good considering how few users visit the place. I rather prefer the footloose atmosphere over at Villiers Terrace.com - The Ultimate Echo and the Bunnymen Discography. It seems rather like a pub that you'd find Ian Mcculloch in, lots of loud voices, cheer, and some ramblings funnny enough to rival Comedy Central. The .com site on the other hand, is pure 100% beef - meaning marketing, twittering, and re-selling the golden oldies via advertising efforts. The real people, fans - meet up on the Terrace. Enuff about that - either way any news for Bunnymen.com is good news. This below show comes kindly from the fine folks at Villers Terrace - the fan site for all things Bunnymen.

well done Mr. B.
tonywojo
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Mr. Brian » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:04 pm

tonywojo wrote:well done Mr. B.

We owe it all to the BOF
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby tonywojo » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:35 pm