'Recent' button?

Have a question about the website or a suggestion? Found a typo? Something not working right on the forum?

'Recent' button?

Postby Red » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:08 am

Does your set up have the option to add the buttona at the top like on the old forum? I found the 'recent' button extremely useful. Now that it's getting more use, it's harder to find stuff as quick. If not, no biggie. Just asking.
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby crystal daze » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:09 am

There's a 'view posts since last visit' option just below the forum index. :D
crystal daze

Postby Red » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:21 am

crystal daze wrote:There's a 'view posts since last visit' option just below the forum index. :D

Cool! Thanks!!

i should've seen that. i really do need some sleep, i guess! :?
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby snowbunny » Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:06 pm

Different but related question - is there a way to change the default display from oldest first to most recent first? I see where it's an option on each thread, but can't find it as an overall choice... I actually would prefer the oldest first if I could tell from the "view posts since last visit" which page my last viewing ended on but I haven't figured that out either...

This seems to be the same format as the official forum used previously and I really like it - just can't remember how it works!
snowbunny

Postby Mr. Brian » Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:27 pm

snowbunny wrote:Different but related question - is there a way to change the default display from oldest first to most recent first? I see where it's an option on each thread, but can't find it as an overall choice... I actually would prefer the oldest first if I could tell from the "view posts since last visit" which page my last viewing ended on but I haven't figured that out either...

This seems to be the same format as the official forum used previously and I really like it - just can't remember how it works!

By nature this forum software shows oldest first, then you have the option that you found within the thread. There may be a mod that allows that user choice. I'll look into it.
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JackT » Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:41 pm

admin wrote:
snowbunny wrote:Different but related question - is there a way to change the default display from oldest first to most recent first? I see where it's an option on each thread, but can't find it as an overall choice... I actually would prefer the oldest first if I could tell from the "view posts since last visit" which page my last viewing ended on but I haven't figured that out either...

By nature this forum software shows oldest first, then you have the option that you found within the thread. There may be a mod that allows that user choice. I'll look into it.

This brings back memories, huh Brian? :) Ahh the good old days.
"He was a mongoose, rather like a little cat in his fur and his tail, but quite like a weasel in his head and his habits."
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Mr. Brian » Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:07 pm

:lol: It does!
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby snowbunny » Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:21 pm

You ARE the man! Image
snowbunny

Postby Mr. Brian » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:43 am

snowbunny wrote:You ARE the man! Image

Sorry Snowbunny. It doesn't look like anybody ever wrote a hack or mod for this. I've never seen a phpbb forum that had this user option either. :(
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby snowbunny » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:35 pm

Thanks for checking (you're still the man!). I'll deal, as the kids say!
snowbunny

Return to All I Want