someone new needs to register

Have a question about the website or a suggestion? Found a typo? Something not working right on the forum?

someone new needs to register

Postby shadows on the trees » Wed May 27, 2009 5:21 pm

so I don't have to look at this anymore:

"The newest registered user is haveaguess."
shadows on the trees

Postby black francis » Wed May 27, 2009 5:38 pm

Have you tried PMing haveaguess to get his side of the story?

Have you ever found love on MySpace?

Have you ever left a forum totally, forever, b/c of a reaction you received from either a band member or a member of the forum?

Have you ever found out that a band member whom you admire a lot w/ your heart, intently stated something trashy or negative that turned you off so much that you even might have lost your love for them?

Have you ever had an incident w/ someone from a band or some other form of celebrity status that, turned you off so much & hurt you so much in the process that, you resigned it all, sold their stuff & remained not a fan of theirs anymore?

Have you ever found out maybe w/ a confidential e-mail from someone you do trust that, this person you admire has made remarks & negativities that turned you off?

Have you ever stopped liking/loving this person b/c of something negative that happened in the past? So much so that, you've even sold stuff, not gone to an event they were at or resigned from things?

Is it "ok" to feel hurt even if this person has never met you? Are these feelings "real" or stupid?
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby tonywojo » Wed May 27, 2009 5:58 pm

black francis wrote:Have you tried PMing haveaguess to get his side of the story?

Have you ever left a forum totally, forever, b/c of a reaction you received from either a band member or a member of the forum?

Have you ever found out that a band member whom you admire a lot w/ your heart, intently stated something trashy or negative that turned you off so much that you even might have lost your love for them?

Have you ever had an incident w/ someone from a band or some other form of celebrity status that, turned you off so much & hurt you so much in the process that, you resigned it all, sold their stuff & remained not a fan of theirs anymore?

Have you ever found out maybe w/ a confidential e-mail from someone you do trust that, this person you admire has made remarks & negativities that turned you off?

Have you ever stopped liking/loving this person b/c of something negative that happened in the past? So much so that, you've even sold stuff, not gone to an event they were at or resigned from things?

Is it "ok" to feel hurt even if this person has never met you? Are these feelings "real" or stupid?

How do you know its a he?

:frown:
i sometimes use caps and punctuation for emphasis
tonywojo
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Wed May 27, 2009 6:06 pm

Cause we scared away all the chicks.
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby tonywojo » Wed May 27, 2009 6:12 pm

black francis wrote:Cause we scared away all the chicks.

I think I did!

Miss my charlies!
tonywojo
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby withahip » Wed May 27, 2009 10:21 pm

Mmmmmm, pickled onions!
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby shadows on the trees » Wed May 27, 2009 10:37 pm

black francis wrote:Have you tried PMing haveaguess to get his side of the story?

Why does this look so familiar?
shadows on the trees

Postby shadows on the trees » Wed May 27, 2009 10:38 pm

Thank you, pickled onion.
shadows on the trees

Postby pickledonion » Wed May 27, 2009 10:42 pm

shadows on the trees wrote:Thank you, pickled onion.
mm-hmm.
pickledonion
Just Tuned In
Just Tuned In

Postby shadows on the trees » Wed May 27, 2009 10:47 pm

pickledonion wrote:mm-hmm.

We'll always be friends. You and me made friends right off the bat. Don't nobody ever change that. I kinda want to put my arm around you, then I'm gonna get up out of here and leave.
shadows on the trees

Postby tonywojo » Thu May 28, 2009 5:04 am

shadows on the trees wrote:We'll always be friends. You and me made friends right off the bat. Don't nobody ever change that. I kinda want to put my arm around you, then I'm gonna get up out of here and leave.

Right off the bat?
tonywojo
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby shadows on the trees » Thu May 28, 2009 8:45 am

tonywojo wrote:Right off the bat?

It's from a movie...
shadows on the trees

Postby JackT » Thu May 28, 2009 8:58 am

shadows on the trees wrote:It's from a movie...

Also an extremely common expression. It may be an Americanism, though. You Limeys would say "straight away."
Last edited by JackT on Thu May 28, 2009 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
"He was a mongoose, rather like a little cat in his fur and his tail, but quite like a weasel in his head and his habits."
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby withahip » Thu May 28, 2009 9:43 am

tonywojo wrote:Right off the bat?

The expression originates with the Batman comic #23 - Batman provides information very quickly to Com. Gordon - When asked where he got the information he replies:
"Righ of the bat!"
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby tonywojo » Thu May 28, 2009 5:59 pm

ta guys

which film em?

buff!

we would say early doors
tonywojo
Über Fan