Posted this on the official forum -- Let's see what happens?

Have a question about the website or a suggestion? Found a typo? Something not working right on the forum?

Re: Au Revior

Postby Red » Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:58 pm

redgumball wrote:Prior to Peter, didn't IVAN manage a pretty decent site? Didn't we all roll over from that site to Peter's? Seems to me we're all rolling over from there to here now...A few of you have even rolled on up from Seven Seas, so long ago.

Ivan and Peter BOTH had their own fan sites.

At the same time, Frank Coleman ran the offficial site.

Frank had to leave his duties, due to being busy with his band, The Bentmen.

Since Ivan had experience in 'flash', he took over for Frank and sort of combined the official site with stuff on his own site, and closed his site down.

Peter still ran his site.

'Stuff' happened with Ivan and he was let go, and Peter took over running the official site when Ivan left.

Somerwhere in the midst of all this, Brian started Villiers Terrace, his own fan site.

The official site has been hacked into a few times, hence all the changes it has gone thru recently.

I can even give you the history on 7 seas if you want....

A guy named Jason ran it first. Then Ivan took over pretty much around the sameish time he took over the website. then Ivan got too busy and Zap took over after that. lots of crap went down in the midst of all this, and lots of people hated everyone talking off topic, so KP and Matt and I started the Villiers Terrace yahoo group list so we could talk OFF topic. (not affiliated with Brian's website - in fact, not positive, but i think our list was started first perhaps, but can't be exactly sure. we started it in June 2002 - over 4,000 posts in the first month! lol)
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby withahip » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:27 pm

I am serious when I say Red needs to be the official historian of all thing Bunny.
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Frank The Bunny » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:42 pm

First related website I ever went to, and where I learnt of Electrafixion:

Digital Dez' Bunnymen site

http://www.dez.com/doug/bunnymen.html
Frank The Bunny
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Mr. Brian » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:18 pm

Red wrote:
Somerwhere in the midst of all this, Brian started Villiers Terrace, his own fan site.

The official site has been hacked into a few times, hence all the changes it has gone thru recently.

I can even give you the history on 7 seas if you want....

A guy named Jason ran it first. Then Ivan took over pretty much around the sameish time he took over the website. then Ivan got too busy and Zap took over after that. lots of crap went down in the midst of all this, and lots of people hated everyone talking off topic, so KP and Matt and I started the Villiers Terrace yahoo group list so we could talk OFF topic. (not affiliated with Brian's website - in fact, not positive, but i think our list was started first perhaps, but can't be exactly sure. we started it in June 2002 - over 4,000 posts in the first month! lol)

My site started in October 2004 as just a Bunnymen tab and discography site and was even mentioned in the Sept 2005 issue of Record Collector magazine. I was using a free hosting service and didn't have a name or domain name. In August of 2005 I registered villiersterrace.com after much deliberation. At the time I was unaware of the Yahoo group. Had I known, this site would probably be called something else. We've had over 2000 posts here since I added the forum 22 days ago.
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby moondance » Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:29 am

I knew that a forum here would be a success. It was the first Bunnymen website I found when I first got cable internet about 2 years ago.
moondance

Postby redgumball » Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:11 pm

DAMN -- RED is in fact the Bunnygod! Thank you for that past update...

I guess the point is there are multiple people willing to contribute to the site, including clicking banners, doing some artwork, researching topics (Alright Red -- what do you know about the failed Johnny Marr sessions?) and generally learning and supporting the band.

I agree unofficial is BEST!

Well done Brian on the site. My personal favorite, passing the Official Ghost-Town site.
redgumball

Postby Frank The Bunny » Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:44 pm

redgumball wrote:Alright Red -- what do you know about the failed Johnny Marr sessions?
wait....
I thought the masters were stolen from a courier van.

riiiight. courier van, my ass
Frank The Bunny
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Red » Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:35 pm

admin wrote:
Red wrote: Had I known, this site would probably be called something else.

i think it's okay that they're named the same. i wasn't saying it was a bad thing.....i just wasn't sure when you started yours. i thought it was afterwards...but it doesn't matter. 'villers terrace' is the name of a place, so it's fitting that it's used as a 'place' where we can go to chit chat! be it the list, or the forum. :-)
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Previous

Return to All I Want