Hello..ello..ello..ello!

Tired of discussing the Bunnymen and all the bands that have been influenced by them? This is the place for you.

Hello..ello..ello..ello!

Postby Voodoo Billy » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:39 am

Everyone okay? What a shitstorm eh!
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Re: Hello..ello..ello..ello!

Postby In The Margins » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:07 am

Hello! Working from home and keeping my social distance from all (six feet). Still not infected, but I need to find toilet paper. Headed out today to scrounge. May stop by the liquor store...

Stay safe everyone!
In The Margins
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:03 pm

yeah doing alright, doesn't seem quite as mad out here in the country as the news from the towns - even so the pub I normally go in has announced its shutting this weekend. Will have to stop social media, all these people rantings doing my head in a bit. Baked some bread tonight though, oo look at me. Mrs FC was planning a big trip to Australia to see her daughter so she's v pissed off thats been canned. Had she gone I'd have been self isolating (as opposed to the other kind) by default.
Had an interview for a job last week and spent an hour in a small room with four other people - but no signs of badness yet. Nick Cave has postponed his gig in Mancs which was on my birthday, boo hoo, and we were planning a BIG party for a v special BIG number at the weekend but I spose that's in doubt now too. Can do it all later, one hopes, :lol:
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:21 am

Alright here too at the mo'. Been working from home for a few years now but my wife's a headteacher and my eldest is a third year med student so he's volunteering. So much bollocks on social media I think we just need to do all we're advised to do and go with the flow.

Strange days, went to Home Bargains and people walking out with 18-pack toilet rolls as if they'd got the new Xbox.

Oh for those good old days when all I had to think about was whether or not Everton would get beat at the weekend, if there was any hope of another half-decent Bunnymen album, and the shocking revelation that Gordon the Gopher's Dad had a penchant for a bit of the old bum fun. :eek:

Keep safe my friends.
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Mr. Brian » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:35 am

I started a new more demanding job in June 2019 so I’ve been pretty absent here lately in general.

I work in IT so I’m one of the lucky ones that can work from home. I’m in one of the states with mandatory travel restriction and only essential businesses are open. Luckily that includes take out food and liquor stores.

My oldest is in college and they had everyone leave campus and do online classes, so she’s living at home. My youngest is in her last year of high school and doing the same. Mrs Brian started a new job the week before this hit the fan in the US. We thought they’d just let her go but they allowed her to continue working remotely to do her training, etc.

We’ve been doing virtual things with our friends and neighbors using video conferencing like virtual happy hour, virtual reading club, virtual trivia night. I even ran a 5k with Mrs Brian where the organizers made it virtual so you could just do it in your neighborhood and pist the time and still get the medal mailed to you.

Oh and the dog gets to go on sooo many w-a-l-k-s, I think she is learning to spell the word now!
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Kounelaki » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:46 am

Keep well, all.
Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:54 am

I've discovered 90 Day Fiance and its many spin-offs. Otherwise I would have run into traffic by now.
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby Mr. Brian » Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:20 am

black francis wrote:I've discovered 90 Day Fiance and its many spin-offs. Otherwise I would have run into traffic by now.

Mrs Brian was watching that and I said “there needs to be a show called “90 Day Beyoncé” where you get to live like her for 90 days.
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Over The Wall