DNA Test

Tired of discussing the Bunnymen and all the bands that have been influenced by them? This is the place for you.

DNA Test

Postby black francis » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:13 am

My mom got me one those DNA tests from Ancestry.com and here are my results. Anyone else taken one of these tests? Results you'd care to share?

Scandinavia 31%
Iberian Peninsula 27%
Native American 14%
New Mexico From your regions: Native American, Iberian Peninsula, Europe South
Great Britain 6%
Europe West 5%
Ireland/Scotland/Wales 5%
Europe South 4%
Caucasus 3%
Asia Central 2%
Middle East 1%
Europe East 1%
Nigeria 1%

The Scandinavia is from my father's side. They came from Norway to the US in 1906 and changed their last name from Gunderson to Sanda. My father's side wasn't very accepting of my mother so we aren't very close and I've never felt any connection to the Norwegian side so I don't know much about them. I was basically raised to believe I was American of Mexican descent.

The Iberian Peninsula (Spain), Native American, Middle East and African regions are from my mother's side and are basically the Mexican make-up. They came from Spain to Mexico in the 1400's and settled in Northern Mexico which became New Mexico and intermingled with the indigenous people. The Ireland/Scotland/Wales comes from my grandma on my mom's side. Looking at our family tree the other family names were Salazar, Rodriguez, Espinoza, etc but she was a McKenzie and married my grandpa Espinoza.

The Nigerian does explain why people tell me I'm faster than I look.
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Re: DNA Test

Postby Dr Cheese » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:29 am

black francis wrote:

The Nigerian does explain why people tell me I'm faster than I look.

:biggrin:
And you know that I'll pick up
Every time you call
Just to thank you one more time
Alcohol
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:32 am

I kind of like the fact that your mother bought you this. I've threatened the former Mrs FC (90s lineup) with having the kids done but that's only to piss her off. But no, haven't done this - might be interesting. My dad did the whole ancestry thing once he got a computer but typically only really did his lineage onthe paternal side - as is easiest I suppose (I suppose, never done it). I remember being a bit disappointed that some bloke he was in contact with who'd done the whole Cherry ancestors had it that we all came from Leicester - I mean I was born and dragged up in West Yorkshire (my dad still lives about a mile from where he was born, got married and dragged us lot up) so was you know, connected to thatv part of the world, what with the local team and all. I have a feeling that my mother's side were all local for a few generations I think - her maiden name was Mountain - her dad being Arthur Mountain, which always makes me smile for some reason. Beyond that I have no idea. 79 quid a pop around these parts - might have to wait a coupke of months before I can afford it. Do they keep your DNA and clone the good parts? oo, I feel a dystopian novel coming on.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Mr. Brian » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:57 am

Pretty cool. I've always wanted to do this. I have a pretty extensive family tree that my Mom and my Great Aunt started in the 1970s. It goes back to 1388 England. After my Mom died I took up the cause and expanded it but there are missing pieces especially in the difficult to trace Scandinavian side. I also don't know much about my father's side except that it was French but I only know a couple of generations back there.
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby black francis » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:05 pm

So my brother did the test and the results surprised everyone.

Great Britain - 55%
Native American (New Mexico) - 14%
Scandinavia - 9%
Iberian Peninsula - 8%
Caucasus - 4%
Ireland/Scotland/Wales - 3%
Middle East - 3%
Europe West - 1%
European Jewish - 1%

The British makes sense because for some reason he's always sins with a British accent. Back in the day when we used to go to church and he'd sing you could hear people asking "what's with the British accent?"
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby Dr Cheese » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:40 pm

black francis wrote: for some reason he's always sins with a British accent. "

The dirty sinner!
Every time you call
Alcohol
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:22 pm

Well if we're being honest with each other I too have been known to use a British accent when sinning.
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby Dr Cheese » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:37 am

Those American ladies love a British accent.
Every time you call
Alcohol
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:16 pm

black francis wrote:Well if we're being honest with each other I too have been known to use a British accent when sinning.

I've always imagined you shagging in a Geordie accent.
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Kounelaki » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:53 am

Voodoo Billy wrote:
black francis wrote:Well if we're being honest with each other I too have been known to use a British accent when sinning.

TMI!
Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:41 am

Kounelaki wrote:
Voodoo Billy wrote:

TMI!

:redface:
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dr Cheese » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:04 am

Howay pet man woman, yers a right canny lass an that ...
Every time you call
Alcohol
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:04 am

I'm over 40. I don't shag anymore.
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby Dr Cheese » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:46 am

I should think not Grandad!
Every time you call
Alcohol
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:00 am

I never thought I'd see the word 'pet' included in a discussion about Black Francis' sexual shenanigans. :eek: :redface:
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Next

Return to Over The Wall