bye bye tom petty

Tired of discussing the Bunnymen and all the bands that have been influenced by them? This is the place for you.

bye bye tom petty

Postby fat cherry » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:18 am

http://www.nme.com/blogs/tom-petty-obit ... 17-2146657

never into him that much, though I do have the album with free fallin (no G? can't remember) on it. Thugh I did like American Girl - but not enough to buy it I spose
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Re: bye bye tom petty

Postby Dr Cheese » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:43 am

I was never what you would call a fan but I'm a bit sad that another name from my misbegotten youth has turned up his toes!
And you know that I'll pick up
Every time you call
Just to thank you one more time
Alcohol
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:21 am

Dr Cheese wrote:I was never what you would call a fan but I'm a bit sad that another name from my misbegotten youth has turned up his toes!

Where do you keep this misbegotten youth of yours, the cellar? :wink:
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dr Cheese » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:54 am

:lol:
And you know that I'll pick up
Every time you call
Just to thank you one more time
Alcohol
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Kounelaki » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:09 am

They're playing "Refugee" on French radio.
Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:59 am

It's my fault. I saw him at the Hollywood Bowl with the missus the week before he died. Everyone was like you don't even like Tom Petty why are you going? I actually said I should probably see him once before he dies.

Shoe was as boring as I expected though I did like the one song I heard while buying a $30 can on wine in the concession area.

And before anyone asks I will not use my newfound powers on President Trump.
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby Voodoo Billy » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:29 pm

black francis wrote:It's my fault. I saw him at the Hollywood Bowl with the missus the week before he died. Everyone was like you don't even like Tom Petty why are you going? I actually said I should probably see him once before he dies.

Shoe was as boring as I expected though I did like the one song I heard while buying a $30 can on wine in the concession area.

I'm sure we could do a Whip-round for you to see U2?
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:03 pm

Voodoo Billy wrote:
black francis wrote:It's my fault. I saw him at the Hollywood Bowl with the missus the week before he died. Everyone was like you don't even like Tom Petty why are you going? I actually said I should probably see him once before he dies.

I should probably see U2 before Bono dies.
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby Voodoo Billy » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:49 pm

black francis wrote:
Voodoo Billy wrote:

I should probably see U2 before Bono dies.

:party-dance:
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Return to Over The Wall