Morrissey Spot On (IMHO)

Tired of discussing the Bunnymen and all the bands that have been influenced by them? This is the place for you.

Morrissey Spot On (IMHO)

Postby black francis » Wed May 24, 2017 12:20 am

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... m-response

Hope you all and your loved ones are safe.
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Re: Morrissey Spot On (IMHO)

Postby fat cherry » Wed May 24, 2017 5:43 am

Cheers BF - my daughter's in Manchester but a bit old for that gig I think, plus as a student she's so skint can't afford to go out much so was safely tucked up in her admittedly quite comfy little student flat.

Moz? Nah, he's a cock, and more and more of a cock as time goes on. Quite priveleged himself these days and unlike the politicians doesn't have to make any real decisions apart from which record company he's going to piss off next. More to the point he's wrong - MP Jo Cox was murdered in the street last year - oh that was by some ultra right wing bloke so that's probably doesn't count. But back in the good old days of the absolutely-non-terrorist-freedom-fighting IRA (when sometimes the gents of said organisation would give a warning that something was going down) had a go at the conservatives in the brighton bombing, queens uncle copping it in his boat, mortar attacks on downing street, MP Airey Neve in his car. That's why they have their bullet proof bubble. Oh and then parcel bombs in warrington, grannies at enniskillin, so no special treatment I suppose and I'v answered my own argument. Sorry, where was I?
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Kounelaki » Wed May 24, 2017 12:10 pm

Peter Hook was talking about the gig on Radio 4 this morning. His daughter Jessica was there. Thought she'd be too old at 18.
Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Wed May 24, 2017 3:11 pm

fat cherry wrote:Sorry, where was I?

Don't remember, something about Morrissey's cock I think?
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Wed May 24, 2017 9:00 pm

I don't know his situation now but when Morrissey lived in LA he was all over town without security and the location of his home was a badly kept secret. His favorite haunts were well known and if you wanted an encounter you could make it happen. I always found his not sealing himself off appealing.

He's still a dick but in this respect I'm in agreement with him. It does seem that policy is being made which will never affect the politicians making the decisions and the every day person gets to bear the brunt of it.
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby Kounelaki » Thu May 25, 2017 12:44 am

Manchester attack: Morrissey criticised for 'forgetting' Jo Cox in rant about politicians' 'bullet-proof bubble'
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-enter ... 52591.html
Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Thu May 25, 2017 2:43 pm

Would anyone like to hear my Morrissey story?
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dr Cheese » Thu May 25, 2017 2:54 pm

Nah.
And you know that I'll pick up
Every time you call
Just to thank you one more time
Alcohol
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Kounelaki » Thu May 25, 2017 11:06 pm

Voodoo Billy wrote:Would anyone like to hear my Morrissey story?

Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before?
Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Sat May 27, 2017 10:40 am

Kounelaki wrote:

Jesus, that was good. :biggrin:
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Sat May 27, 2017 5:33 pm

By now the story should be you threw the water bottle.
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby Kounelaki » Sun May 28, 2017 1:25 am

Voodoo Billy wrote:
Kounelaki wrote:

Jesus, that was good. :biggrin:

Thank you, kind sir.
Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Return to Over The Wall