It took 39 years...

Tired of discussing the Bunnymen and all the bands that have been influenced by them? This is the place for you.

It took 39 years...

Postby black francis » Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:18 am

...but tonight I purchased my first brand, brand new car. My cars in order:

- used Chevrolet Corsica
- obviously used 1968 Mustang
- Nissan 240SX
- Ford Focus
- Toyota Tercel
- Nissan Frontier

Argh! I tell lies! I forgot the Ford Focus was purchased brand new. False alarm. Still it's a weird feeling not having my truck. She was a good and faithful steed for a decade. RIP T-Rex.
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Re: It took 39 years...

Postby black francis » Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:21 am

With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby fat cherry » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:19 am

still not done that. Currently in a 11 year old jeep - one of those that doesn't look that much like a jeep. And its a weird dark red colour. E ery time she gets in it my step daughter says 'are you sure its supposed to sound like that'. I assure her thT
assure her its because its a diesel engine, but I cross my fingers all the same.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:10 pm

That is a fine looking vehicle Mr Francis, you decided not to go for the version with the sticking out windows? :lol:
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:24 pm

fat cherry wrote:still not done that. Currently in a 11 year old jeep - one of those that doesn't look that much like a jeep. And its a weird dark red colour. E ery time she gets in it my step daughter says 'are you sure its supposed to sound like that'. I assure her thT
assure her its because its a diesel engine, but I cross my fingers all the same.

Yeah after twelve years with the truck I was like "it's always made that noise, right?" or "making right turns has always been this difficult, right?"

It's gonna be nice being able to unclench a little bit having a new and hopefully super reliable car. Plus my gas mileage just doubled.
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby black francis » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:10 am

Voodoo Billy wrote:That is a fine looking vehicle Mr Francis, you decided not to go for the version with the sticking out windows? :lol:

That was the deluxe package. I can only afford so many sticking out windows.
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby black francis » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:15 am

Can we not edit posts anymore? I wanted to fix the picture of the car. Image was too large. Here's the full thing. My coworkers told me they'd make a real Mexican out of me and for the first time in my life I'm looking for rims.

black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby Dr Cheese » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:35 am

black francis wrote:for the first time in my life I'm looking for rims.

I find that hard to believe! :wink:
And you know that I'll pick up
Every time you call
Just to thank you one more time
Alcohol
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:12 pm

Dr Cheese wrote:
black francis wrote:for the first time in my life I'm looking for rims.

I find that hard to believe! :wink:

To be fair I'm only half Mexican which also means I have car insurance.
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby Dr Cheese » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:32 pm

So you enjoy a good rim job then. :biggrin:
And you know that I'll pick up
Every time you call
Just to thank you one more time
Alcohol
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:35 pm

It doesn't have to be good to be enjoyable.
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby Voodoo Billy » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:23 pm

Dr Cheese wrote:So you enjoy a good rim job then. :biggrin:

You can't beat a shiny rim.
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby meh » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:10 pm

surely there must be a new album we can pan, surely!
meh

Postby black francis » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:50 pm

I wish. Unfortunately there isn't so you have to hear about me. Which is my favorite topic BTW.
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby Voodoo Billy » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:02 pm

black francis wrote:I wish. Unfortunately there isn't so you have to hear about me. Which is my favorite topic BTW.

Christ, let's hope they get something recorded soon. :lol:
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Next

Return to Over The Wall