Read any good books lately?

Tired of discussing the Bunnymen and all the bands that have been influenced by them? This is the place for you.

Read any good books lately?

Postby 5times » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:27 pm

Just finished The Narrow Road to the Deep North by Richard Flanagan. Excellent read with some vivid descriptions of life in a Japanese prisoner of war camp. Horrendous what humans can do to each other. Highly recommended.
5times

Re: Read any good books lately?

Postby black francis » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:04 am

No Country For Old Men tripped me out big time.
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby Voodoo Billy » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:35 pm

Haven't read much but I've coloured a few in. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:53 pm

Does "Hustler", "Tongue & Cheeks" and "Big 'Uns" count?
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby Voodoo Billy » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:48 pm

black francis wrote:Does "Hustler", "Tongue & Cheeks" and "Big 'Uns" count?

Are those cowboy comics?
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:03 pm

Let's call them that.
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby Voodoo Billy » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:21 pm

black francis wrote:Let's call them that.

There's riding involved?
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dr Cheese » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:28 am

And chaps?
And you know that I'll pick up
Every time you call
Just to thank you one more time
Alcohol
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby earthdog70 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:09 pm

George Pelecanos-The Martini Shot. Not his best but pretty good. :cool:
"Words are alright as words but never let them get in the way."-Charles Bukowski
earthdog70

Postby black francis » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:44 am

The Andre Agassi autobiography was pretty fascinating. The amount of hatred, jealousy, bitterness and self-loathing caught me by surprise and I followed his entire career.
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby Voodoo Billy » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:21 pm

black francis wrote:The Andre Agassi autobiography was pretty fascinating. The amount of hatred, jealousy, bitterness and self-loathing caught me by surprise and I followed his entire career.

Worth a read BF? (Lady Voodoo was a big fan of Mr Agassi back in the day though now she is firmly in the Nadal camp, though it may be time to look for another for the future by now).
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:42 pm

Voodoo Billy wrote:
black francis wrote:The Andre Agassi autobiography was pretty fascinating. The amount of hatred, jealousy, bitterness and self-loathing caught me by surprise and I followed his entire career.

Worth a read BF? (Lady Voodoo was a big fan of Mr Agassi back in the day though now she is firmly in the Nadal camp, though it may be time to look for another for the future by now).

Well worth the read. He doesn't spare anyone including himself and his pettiness is shocking.
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Return to Over The Wall