the footy thread

Tired of discussing the Bunnymen and all the bands that have been influenced by them? This is the place for you.

Postby 5times » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:00 pm

:jumping-smiley:
5times

Postby zoouncaged » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:23 pm

5times wrote::jumping-smiley:
zoouncaged

Postby Dr Cheese » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:58 am

What happened there then, I know the Bitters usually bottle it at Anfield but I wasn't expecting that! :lol:
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:57 am

Well that is what is known as a good old-fashioned bloody hammering. Everton were awful. Watching it on the official RedshiteTV channel sponsored by BT with the whiny voice of Michael 'just outside Cheshire' Owen for 90 minutes was bad enough never mind the bloody drubbing as well.
Never thought I'd say this but thank the lord for Man City or you buggers could have won the league this year. :eek:
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:58 am

Well that is what is known as a good old-fashioned bloody hammering. Everton were awful. Watching it on the official RedshiteTV channel sponsored by BT with the whiny voice of Michael 'just outside Cheshire' Owen for 90 minutes was bad enough never mind the bloody drubbing as well.
Never thought I'd say this but thank the lord for Man City or you buggers could have won the league this year. :eek:
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:01 am

Shall I say that again?
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dr Cheese » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:52 am

Voodoo Billy wrote:Shall I say that again?

Twice more should do it.
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby 5times » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:01 am

Roberto Martinez was woken by his wife this morning. She said. "It's just gone five, dear."

"Oh no!" he groaned, still half-asleep. "Not another bloody goal..."

:laughing-smiley:
5times

Postby Voodoo Billy » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:10 pm

If Liverpool carry on like this you'll be changing your name to 6times next year.

:laughing-smiley: :laughing-smiley: :laughing-smiley: :laughing-smiley: :laughing-smiley: :laughing-smiley:
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:20 pm

No excuses, best team won on the night, unfortunately. Interesting to read some of the LFC fans' comments on the internet though, most seem to be hoping for a Man City win to keep Spurs away from that fourth spot rather than a Spurs win to open the title race up slightly, shows how expectations have lowered in recent years. Would that be a fair point?
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dr Cheese » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:28 pm

Absolutely, we've been well off the CL pace for the last few seasons.
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby 5times » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:21 pm

Yes. Much as I have secret hopes of us sneaking the league I can't see it happening this year, mainly because of Man City being so good and Liverpool's inconsistency (Villa, Hull, Southampton). I'd be very happy with 4th place. I still see Everton as the main threat to that 4th place.

If they can keep hold of Suarez and get a couple more in, then next year could be the one. I think it will happen with Rodgers, sooner or later.
5times

Postby Voodoo Billy » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:48 am

5times wrote:Yes. Much as I have secret hopes of us sneaking the league I can't see it happening this year, mainly because of Man City being so good and Liverpool's inconsistency (Villa, Hull, Southampton). I'd be very happy with 4th place. I still see Everton as the main threat to that 4th place.

If they can keep hold of Suarez and get a couple more in, then next year could be the one. I think it will happen with Rodgers, sooner or later.

Just hope we can beat Villa this Saturday to keep ahead of United, I reckon if those buggers get ahead of us it'll be a real job turning it round and they could be a threat for that fourth place now they're getting their scorers back. Wouldn't be surprised to see Suarez and Liverpool in next season's CL though not necessarily together such is Madrid's track-record for buying the big names just for the hell of it.
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dr Cheese » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:26 am

Even if Liverpool are in the Champions League next season if Real Madrid come for Suarez I reckon he's gone. :sad:
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby 5times » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:39 am

All the Latin American players want to play for Real Madrid or Barcelona, from being kids. It is seen as the pinnacle of their career. Also, they'd rather live in Madrid or Barcelona than north-west England, and I can't say I blame them. We'll be lucky to keep Suarez another year.
5times

PreviousNext

Return to Over The Wall