the footy thread

Tired of discussing the Bunnymen and all the bands that have been influenced by them? This is the place for you.

Re: the footy thread

Postby Voodoo Billy » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:34 am

5times wrote:just knew everton were going to score in injury time. Very depressing. :frown:

Think we should put Barry in goal for a while, he'd have saved that free kick. :lol:
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dr Cheese » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:05 am

We'll be lucky to make the top half of the table at this rate, never mind top 4!
And you know that I'll pick up
Every time you call
Just to thank you one more time
Alcohol
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Kounelaki » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:11 pm

Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dr Cheese » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:11 am

I refer you to my previous post.
Every time you call
Alcohol
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:28 am

At least the only annoying 'drone' which affects our football viewing over here is Michael 'just outside Cheshire' Owen's analysis on BT Sport.
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dr Cheese » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:01 am

First Jesus appears in a piece of toast and now this!

Every time you call
Alcohol
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Kounelaki » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:28 am

Thierry Henry wrote:After 20 years in the game I have decided to retire from professional football. It has been an incredible journey and I would like to thank all the fans, team mates and individuals involved with AS Monaco, Juventus, Arsenal FC, FC Barcelona, the New York Red Bulls and of course the French National Team that have made my time in the game so special.

It is now time for a different career path and I am pleased to say that I will be returning to London and joining Sky Sports. I will hopefully share some of the insights, observations and experiences I have learnt over the years with you guys.

I have had some amazing memories (mostly good!) and a wonderful experience.

I hope you have enjoyed watching as much as I have enjoyed taking part.

See you on the other side...
Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dr Cheese » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:52 am

If only we could get Brendan Rodgers to retire! :sad:
Every time you call
Alcohol
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:38 pm

Dr Cheese wrote:If only we could get Brendan Rodgers to retire! :sad:

Oh no, please no, :eek:
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby 5times » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:18 am

Well I reckon we are back. Great performance tonight from the reds. I hereby predict the Europa, the FA cup and 3rd place. :lol:
5times

Postby Voodoo Billy » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:03 am

5times wrote:Well I reckon we are back. Great performance tonight from the reds. I hereby predict the Europa, the FA cup and 3rd place. :lol:

Good result for you last night, Spurs are a quality side at the mo'. Thought we did well on Saturday to get a draw, poor match but decent atmosphere. Lat season I was checking the results of United, Spurs, Liverpool, Arsenal etc and hoping they'd drop points to help us out, can't believe that 12 months on I'm hoping these teams beat the likes of Burnley, Leicester, Villa and Sunderland to keep us away from trouble at the bottom.
Not sure about Gerrard's last derby though, I've a sneaky suspicion we might meet in the Europa League if we can stay in it long enough. We'll miss Eto'o though, did well for us in Europe.
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby 5times » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:53 am

Would be great to meet in the Europa. Not long till the Philharmonic gig, VB. You all sorted? Not much going on gigwise here in Mexico. I was going to go and watch The Specials but it's sold out before I've bought my tickets which I didn't think would happen. :neutral:
5times

Postby Voodoo Billy » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:12 pm

5times wrote:Would be great to meet in the Europa. Not long till the Philharmonic gig, VB. You all sorted? Not much going on gigwise here in Mexico. I was going to go and watch The Specials but it's sold out before I've bought my tickets which I didn't think would happen. :neutral:

Hope you're having a good time over there 5times, good to have you back on here. Coming back for the all Merseyside Europa Final? They better cut the grass in Stanley Park in case, nice neutral venue. :lol:
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby 5times » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:31 pm

Cheers VB. A mate has promised me a cup final ticket (if we get there)so it could be a case of a 12 hour flight to London, arrive Saturday morning, watch the match, and then fly back the next day. Bear in mind my fear of flying, that's going to be a lot of alcohol consumed in 48 hours. Gotta be done though. :wink:
5times

Postby 5times » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:14 am

Good victory yesterday for the Redmen. Everton struggling a bit.
5times

PreviousNext

Return to Over The Wall