Roger Clemens

Tired of discussing the Bunnymen and all the bands that have been influenced by them? This is the place for you.

Postby Fish Hook Girl » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:41 pm

JackT wrote:If you find the steroids shocking, Moondance, here's another dirty little secret about Clemens: He used to pitch for Boston!!!!! Fortunately, the idiots ran him out of town on a rail.

What's your point?
Fish Hook Girl

Re: Roger Clemens

Postby watercolors » Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:49 pm

moondance wrote:http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vD0GHx980CU&eurl=http://www.rogerclemensonline.com/

Did he or didn't he? Any opinions?
Roger has had an amazing career. I've always liked him. A few things that bother me about this is, isn't the trainer paid by the Yankees? Why aren't they being implicated in this? Wasn't Roger drug tested regularly? If he did use steroids or human growth hormones, how was it possible for the tests to come up negative?

I just saw this thread. And I was just reading a little bit out of a book call "Juiced" by Jose Canseco. Jose says Roger did use steroids. He was always a decent pitcher until hisgame started to slow down. Then all of a sudden, his pitching improved.

I think ball players are always going to try to get the edge over the other guy. Steriods is just one way of doing it.

One note about Roger that I thought was cool: According to Jose, he never cheated on his wife!
Screaming from beneath the waves...
watercolors

Postby JackT » Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:52 pm

Don't get me started on Canseco. He retires, THEN he throws everyone else under the bus. I would have been more impressed had he jeapardized his own career along with the others.
"He was a mongoose, rather like a little cat in his fur and his tail, but quite like a weasel in his head and his habits."
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby moondance » Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:29 pm

JackT wrote:Don't get me started on Canseco. He retires, THEN he throws everyone else under the bus. I would have been more impressed had he jeapardized his own career along with the others.

Exactly Jack! Argggggggggggh!
moondance

Previous

Return to Over The Wall