Same Red?

Tired of discussing the Bunnymen and all the bands that have been influenced by them? This is the place for you.

Same Red?

Postby withahip » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:07 pm

I thought it was kind of cool - I thought it was from the early days of the internet - failed to look at the dates - :neutral:
Last edited by withahip on Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Red » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:46 pm

yes, same me!

(old email address)

why?
Last edited by Red on Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby moondance » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:49 pm

I hope nobody takes offense, but the seven seas mailing list is pretty boring.
I don't know why I tried so hard to get on that thing. Its the most archaic means of communication since the carrier pigeon.
moondance

Postby Red » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:51 pm

moondance wrote:I hope nobody takes offense, but the seven seas mailing list is pretty boring.
I don't know why I tried so hard to get on that thing. Its the most archaic means of communication since the carrier pigeon.

yep! it's boring NOW.......because no one was allowed to talk about off-topic stuff without people getting all pissy pants........so a lot of us left and started the VT mailing list.....which has also gone boring as of late. (everyone has myspace and/or just emails each other privately now)
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby moondance » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:00 pm

Sometimes somebody posts an interesting link to a blog with mp3 booties on it but other than that its very hard to follow along, very repetitive. The VT thing on Yahoo was too hard to follow too.
moondance

Postby Red » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:09 pm

i think it seems repetitive coz people don't know how to delete the original posts from their replies, so you get the same thing being posted over and over.......you just have to look past all that stuff and find the actual message and just read that! :lol:
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:15 am

Red wrote:yep! it's boring NOW.......because no one was allowed to talk about off-topic stuff without people getting all pissy pants........so a lot of us left and started the VT mailing list.....which has also gone boring as of late. (everyone has myspace and/or just emails each other privately now)

well I think you've answered your own question there - its the same people going over and over the same subject - no offence or anything, obviously.

I dont think its boring as such, just very quiet. Theres occasional flurrries of action, plus i think all of these things have a finite lifetime, as will this site and the other one. People move on. Most people who are on it have been on for years and, well, theres only so much you can say about a band really isn't there - just see how many topics and opinions get repeated here. I myself am quite boring and often repeat myself, empathising with grampa simpsons onion thing quite a bit, and have to go and do something else - such as interact with the family, or the dog.

I do this to pass time at work when I'm actually getting paid to do something much more important (to the people who pay me that is) and the good old fashioned mailing list is a much more discreet way to go about it wasting company time.

C
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Barb » Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:02 pm

fat cherry wrote: I myself am quite boring and often repeat myself, empathising with grampa simpsons onion thing quite a bit, and have to go and do something else - such as interact with the family, or the dog.

:lol: I enjoyed this post!
Barb
Just Tuned In
Just Tuned In

Postby JackT » Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:39 pm

Red wrote:(everyone has myspace and/or just emails each other privately now)

That's all well and good for people who have FRIENDS, but what about the rest of us?
"He was a mongoose, rather like a little cat in his fur and his tail, but quite like a weasel in his head and his habits."
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Fish Hook Girl » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:24 pm

JackT wrote:That's all well and good for people who have FRIENDS, but what about the rest of us?

Good question. I never joined myspace because I knew I'd have no friends. :neutral:
Fish Hook Girl

Postby Mr. Brian » Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:08 pm

JackT wrote:That's all well and good for people who have FRIENDS, but what about the rest of us?

I know. I only started this forum because I was lonely.
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby moondance » Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:21 pm

I have friends but I can't stand myspace anymore. Its very slow and half the time I try to leave comments and things are suspended, it's crazy. That Norton 360 is still bogging me down too and I think it goes nuts on myspace which has tons of spyware and tracking cookies in it.
moondance

Postby Mr. Brian » Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:40 am

moondance wrote:I have friends but I can't stand myspace anymore. Its very slow and half the time I try to leave comments and things are suspended, it's crazy. That Norton 360 is still bogging me down too and I think it goes nuts on myspace which has tons of spyware and tracking cookies in it.

I hate MySpace and I hate Norton even more. Both of them are big ugly hogs. No offense to the hideous swine.
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby moondance » Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:35 pm

admin wrote:I hate MySpace and I hate Norton even more. Both of them are big ugly hogs. No offense to the hideous swine.

Any suggestions for antivirus freeware? I just can't afford to pay for something that hamstrings me so much. I keep calling Punjab at Norton (he says his name is Chad) and yelling at him.
moondance

Postby Mr. Brian » Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:30 am

moondance wrote:Any suggestions for antivirus freeware? I just can't afford to pay for something that hamstrings me so much. I keep calling Punjab at Norton (he says his name is Chad) and yelling at him.

yes, AVG Free Edition. I've used it for years and when I'm working on other peoples pc's who have not paid for any Norton or McAfee updates, I remove it and install AVG.

It is just an anti-virus.

For a Firewall use XP's. For anti-spyware use Spybot Search and Destroy
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to Over The Wall