travelodge.co.uk help, please...

Tired of discussing the Bunnymen and all the bands that have been influenced by them? This is the place for you.

travelodge.co.uk help, please...

Postby Seven Seas » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:17 am

Hey,

I'm trying to locate an affordable hotel for the September 16th gig, as I've been checking flights.

However, I'm having no luck w/ the travelodge site. That's b/c I'm American, DUH.

From this list, which is the CLOSEST to the VENUE? I want to book NOW so, it'll be done. I was going to get a hotel near the airport w/Pete but, we changed our minds, we rather be closer to the venue to be closer to some other parts of London we haven't seen previously.

ANY help from anyone here is MUCH appreciated. Thank you!!

Here's the list...

http://www.travelodge.co.uk/find_a_hotel/list.php
Seven Seas

Postby moses (2) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:50 am

I'd try these 3 and of them I'd pick Covent Garden -- it is close to the Tube line and the tube to get is only a few stops

London Covent Garden
London Liverpool Street
London Marylebone
moses (2)

Postby Seven Seas » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:22 pm

moses (2) wrote:I'd try these 3 and of them I'd pick Covent Garden -- it is close to the Tube line and the tube to get is only a few stops

London Covent Garden
London Liverpool Street
London Marylebone

Sorry to ask again & you must be screaming by now but, I'm still confused. Which one of these 3 then, is the closest? I'm sorry. lol I tried looking on maps and I even e-mailed them. To no avail, they did not respond.

On a POSITIVE note, I checked the status of our tickets on seetickets and they were actually mailed yesterday, WOW!!!
Seven Seas

Postby fat cherry » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:39 pm

[quote="Seven Seas"]Sorry to ask again & you must be screaming by now but, I'm still confused. Which one of these 3 then, is the closest? I'm sorry. lol I tried looking on maps and I even e-mailed them. To no avail, they did not respond.

If you look at the tube map

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/ ... be-map.pdf

South Kensington (or possibly Gloucester Road) is probably the nearest station to the albert hall, unless you wanted a pleasant stroll across hyde park (but its still the nearest). Liverpool Street is right over the other side of town, both marylebone & covent garden are a few minutes tube ride away & not much in it I'd say. At Covent Garden youre smack in the middle of the west end where all the excitement is supposed to be.

As someone posted before, Imperial College is right next to the Albert Hall and lets out student rooms over the summer months (& this is a couple of weeks before term starts) & most are fairly good quality. take a look at www.ic.ac.uk and look around, you might get lucky.

Chez.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby moses (2) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:13 am

Seven Seas wrote:Sorry to ask again & you must be screaming by now but, I'm still confused. Which one of these 3 then, is the closest?

Liverpool St is the furthest away (but close to a tube line)

If you are intent on staying in a Travel Lodge then stay at Covent Garden it is closest and in central London -- this makes a very good base for other things to do in London

Definetely do not stay in the one at Heathrow -- it is outside London and will take over 1 hour to get to Albert Hall if you go by tube

For this trip Myself and the wife are splashing out to stay in a 5 star hotel
moses (2)

Postby fat cherry » Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:38 am

[i]Definetely do not stay in the one at Heathrow -- it is outside London and will take over 1 hour to get to Albert Hall if you go by tube
[/i]

but, funnily enough, is very handy for the airport. Unless you're coming into Gatwick.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Seven Seas » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:42 am

Thanks for your help with this. I'm going to try to book today.

Merry Christmas & have a great 2008, I'm going on a deep hiatus because I was just assigned some new responsibilities & caseloads @ my job added to the craziness & paranoia of working for the fuzz already. It's amazing to me how things can just mount up & then, be literally thrown on people but, that's life... Therefore, this will not allow me any real free time to surf the web. I mean, sure, I can go on the weekends but, that's what the weekend is for, doing other things besides computer work.

So, if you'd like to keep in touch (anyone) you can PM me here or if you know my e-mail, feel free there. However, see ya around & hope you all have good health, wealth in the future. I'm sure you'll miss me as much as I do miss some of you. :)

Cheers! E.
Seven Seas

Return to Over The Wall