The Dark Knight

Tired of discussing the Bunnymen and all the bands that have been influenced by them? This is the place for you.

The Dark Knight

Postby withahip » Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:18 pm

So first 7 minutes appears before that new Will Smith whateva . . .

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgOi9sXSY6I[/youtube]

And I may go for seven minutes and then leave.

http://www.firstshowing.net/2007/12/12/ ... am-legend/
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby withahip » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:37 pm

Wasn't I Am Legend called Omega Man with HEston the first time around?
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby withahip » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:23 pm

Well, I Am Legend is ok. I don't know what people want from a mass consumption movie - but this certainly was better than anything he's done since 6 Degrees of Separation.
No great, but what are all the critics whining about?

Of course seeing it on the IMAX doesn't hurt.

And The Dark Knight trailer- yeah Heat definitely inspired that heist - but the movie is actually as good as Dog Day Afternoon. Are you ready for this? The trailer was totally plausible. Well, the first 5 of 6 minutes. And Heath Ledger has made the Joker new.
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Scouser » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:07 pm

withahip wrote:Wasn't I Am Legend called Omega Man with HEston the first time around?

Yes - great movie, I remember it giving me the creeps when I was a kid.
Mr. Brian, I find that offensive.

Scouser's inability to se others' point of view is rather grating.
Scouser
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby withahip » Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:11 pm

Scouser wrote:Yes - great movie, I remember it giving me the creeps when I was a kid.

did you just say something positive about something, something Americna no less?

Can someone write this down?
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby JackT » Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:20 pm

withahip wrote:did you just say something positive about something, something Americna no less?

Can someone write this down?

Way to go with the negative reinforcement withahip.
"He was a mongoose, rather like a little cat in his fur and his tail, but quite like a weasel in his head and his habits."
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:25 pm

And he couldn't even spell American properly.

Fine work withahip. You've just set back US/UK relations twenty years.
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby withahip » Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:58 pm

http://www.atasteforthetheatrical.com/d ... efault.htm

Does this redeem me.

We Americna no good grammar and speeling.
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Scouser » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:24 am

American TV is a mixed bag - some is awful, then there is The Wire, The Sopranos, Six Feet Under, Oz, Flight Of The Conchords, Heroes etc etc

Scouser
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby withahip » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:54 am

That could not be said 15 years ago. It was all downright awfule.
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Scouser » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:16 am

HBO is to the US what BBC is to the UK - quality, big budget drama.

Ive pretty much given up on Lost and my mate is downloading Heroes season 2 and says its lost its momentum. I never got into 24 but people say thats not as good as it used to be. Yet HBO dramas mature like a vintage wine.

Scouser
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:41 am

HBO seems to have stumbled a bit dropping shows like Carnivale and Lucky Louie and keeping some stinkers (not Flight of the Conchords, I love that show). Showtime has really stepped up with The Tudors, Weeds, Californication and my favorite show Dexter. When it's all said and done I believe Dexter will be mentioned along other shows like the Sopranos and Six Feet Under.
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby withahip » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:13 pm

Scouser wrote:HBO is to the US what BBC is to the UK - quality, big budget drama.

Ive pretty much given up on Lost and my mate is downloading Heroes season 2 and says its lost its momentum. I never got into 24 but people say thats not as good as it used to be. Yet HBO dramas mature like a vintage wine.

Heroes was getting better- but with the writers' strike don't expect much of anything for a while.
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Scouser » Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:15 pm

black francis wrote:HBO seems to have stumbled a bit dropping shows like Carnivale and Lucky Louie and keeping some stinkers (not Flight of the Conchords, I love that show). Showtime has really stepped up with The Tudors, Weeds, Californication and my favorite show Dexter. When it's all said and done I believe Dexter will be mentioned along other shows like the Sopranos and Six Feet Under.

We have Dexter on FX over here...I watched season 1 but dont really rate it. I thought Journeyman was good though...

Plus why was Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip canned after one season? I think its fantastic...

Scouser
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:00 pm

Scouser wrote:We have Dexter on FX over here...I watched season 1 but dont really rate it. I thought Journeyman was good though...

Plus why was Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip canned after one season? I think its fantastic...

Depends on who you ask. Jack has a few ideas on the subject if one is inclined to peruse his Amazon reviews (and give his review a helpful vote of course). I've never seen it myself as I pretty much avoid network TV.

Dexter season two has been a pretty intense ride with (Possible Season Two Spoilers) Doakes snooping about and the discovery of Dexter's dumping grounds in the ocean. I was getting chest pains just watching the previews.
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Next

Return to Over The Wall