The Dark Knight

Tired of discussing the Bunnymen and all the bands that have been influenced by them? This is the place for you.

Postby black francis » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:12 pm

Looks like they had a tanning bed on the original starship Enterprise as well.
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby withahip » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:04 pm

black francis wrote:Looks like they had a tanning bed on the original starship Enterprise as well.

They do~

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srYvmeABYTY[/youtube]
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby JackT » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:28 pm

Most of that video is from am episode where T'pol goes into a premature pon far due to exposure to some kind of microbe. She ends up running around the ship in her underpants begging various crewmen to mate with her, but nobody does, EVEN THOUGH IT IS LIKELY SHE WILL DIE if she doesn't mate.

I was never so dissappointed in a Star Trek crew in my whole life. That never would have happened under Kirk's watch. Luckily, they found a cure and saved T'pol's life. (The worst moment was when she propositions the Dominic Keating character, and he hems and haws, so she just pushes him down and runs away. I felt ashamed to be an earth man.)
"He was a mongoose, rather like a little cat in his fur and his tail, but quite like a weasel in his head and his habits."
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby moondance » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:04 pm

JackT wrote:That never would have happened under Kirk's watch.

I think Kirk would have mated with a Tribble if he could have.

Did you see that Star Trek documentary with Shat the other night, about how they milked and milked it until it was as boring as hell and then just threw it all away and washed their hands of ever doing another one...as if!
moondance

Postby zabird » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:15 am

JackT wrote:Most of that video is from am episode where T'pol goes into a premature pon far due to exposure to some kind of microbe. She ends up running around the ship in her underpants begging various crewmen to mate with her, but nobody does, EVEN THOUGH IT IS LIKELY SHE WILL DIE if she doesn't mate.

I was never so dissappointed in a Star Trek crew in my whole life. That never would have happened under Kirk's watch. Luckily, they found a cure and saved T'pol's life. (The worst moment was when she propositions the Dominic Keating character, and he hems and haws, so she just pushes him down and runs away. I felt ashamed to be an earth man.)

It's the p.c. Star Trek crew. They've all been thru sensitivity training.

Kirk ... tribbles ... so that's why they reproduced so fast :smile:
zabird
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Fish Hook Girl » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:24 am

JackT wrote:Speaking of Scott Bakula, if you want a REAL travesty, it was that they cancelled "Enterprise".

Agreed. The producers lost interest in the show and just let it go. I hope the new movie is great, or at least watchable. Shatner is pissed that they don't want him in the new movie, even for a cameo. I guess he doesn't know that his character died something like 5 films ago. But I love him on Boston Legal. And James Spader, who looks just like Ian during the Evergreen era.
Fish Hook Girl

Postby withahip » Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:08 pm

Well I saw Dexter. It was definitely interesting . . what is the tale with Dexter's Dad.
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:06 am

Possible Dexter Spoilers if you have not seen seasons 1 and 2

Harry Morgan is a respected officer with the Miami PD who was having an affair with Dexter's mother. She was his contact in helping gather evidence against a notorious drug dealer. This dealer finds out she is working with the police and has her killed in front of her two children, with the murderer using a chainsaw. When Harry arrived ont he scene (after Dexter and his brother have been sitting intheir mother's blood for two days) he adopts Dexter but not his older brother whom he could tell was damaged beyond repair. After young Dexter begins to exhibit anti-social behavior and stars killing animals, Harry realizes that the trauma of seeing his mother cut to pieces was too much and occurred too early for Dexter to overcome these dark impulses. Through the years he helps Dexter release these impulses on hunting trips but realizes that it is inevitable that Dexter will eventually kill humans and that the urge will be too strong to resist. After seeing one to many criminals get away with murder over technicalities and a corrupt justice system he decides instead of committing Dexter he would help him channel his murderous impulses so that Dexter would only kill those who truly deserved it. He taught Dexter a code of who could be killed, how to recognize killers, find conclusive evidence and how to cover his tracks to escape detection. He spends years preparing Dexter until Harry is hosptalized and the nurse begins giving lethal injections of morphine. Realizing she murders her patients he tells Dexter it is time and she becomes his first victim. A year later he dies of apparent heart disease. Dexter later learns his father actually committed suicde after witnessing Dexter kill a pimp whom was recently let go for murdering another one of his prostitutes. Seeing what he had turned his son into caused Harry to overdose on his heart medication.

All the characters on Dexter are complex and full of contradictions which helps make the show so compelling. I don't knowif I can make it nine months before season 3.
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Previous

Return to Over The Wall