Zeitgeist

Tired of discussing the Bunnymen and all the bands that have been influenced by them? This is the place for you.

Postby withahip » Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:27 pm

Late in the video, there’s a supposed quote from David Rockefeller, which, if genuine, would be an astounding confession of complicity in mass manipulation. But, of course, the quote is not sourced or dated, which renders it useless. (The video’s website does feature a Sources page, but a hodge-podge list of books, with no page numbers cited, is of little value for source verification.)

The over-all temper of the video is rather like the John Birch Society on acid, with interludes by Harry Smith. Incongruously, after spending nearly two hours trying to scare the bejeezis out of its viewers, Zeitgeist ends on an oddly upbeat note, telling us that Love — not Fear — is the answer, We are all One, and featuring sound-bites from Ram Dass and Carl Sagan.

It’s a shame, really, that Zeitgeist is, ultimately, such a mess. There are plenty of legitimate questions about what transpired on 9/11, just as there are plenty of shady doings in international finance or puzzling aspects of religious history, for that matter. And what is coming down in the name of National Security is truly unnerving. Yet, bundling them all together in disjointed fashion does justice to none of them. Time and again, Zeitgeist maximizes emotional impact at the expense of a more reasoned weighing of evidence. But, perhaps that’s the intention.
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby moondance » Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:50 pm

My best friend worked for the phone company (starts with a V) and she swore that the government knew about it in advance because 2 weeks before 9-11, she said that somebody from Cheney's office came and asked about emergency lockdown and keeping the communication system open in case of an emergency.
I saw a documentary about al Q once and it showed Pres. Clinton's growing concern about its growth and the increased danger that we were in after the embassy bombings and he concluded that the country wouldn't be behind anything preemptive until something serious happened within the boundaries of this country.

PS my friend died 4 years after the attacks from a "rare and mysterious" disease.
moondance

Postby withahip » Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:20 am

http://www.boingboing.net/2007/08/06/ja ... ews-z.html

I took the above comments from this site.
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Previous

Return to Over The Wall