Happy Thanksgiving

Tired of discussing the Bunnymen and all the bands that have been influenced by them? This is the place for you.

Postby Frank The Bunny » Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:10 pm

JackT wrote:Is that one of those recipes where you throw away the rabbit and eat the stick?
Hey, I don't care if you say "it's okay to experiment in college, it doesn't make you gay".

I don't now, nor have I ever, eaten stick.
Frank The Bunny
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby starsabove » Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:26 pm

Are you absolutely sure about that?
starsabove
Just Tuned In
Just Tuned In

Postby Blackheathen » Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:40 am

Blackheathen

Postby Frank The Bunny » Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:13 am

starsabove wrote:Are you absolutely sure about that?

no. who knows what's ground up in luncheon meat
Frank The Bunny
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Seven Seas » Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:04 pm

I hope everyone had a safe & fun day. Have fun shopping & recuperating from food, family, friends and finances (b/c of the spending).
Seven Seas

Postby Red » Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:07 pm

withahip wrote:You ladies are seriously gonna piss of teh Scowz.

hey!! Silver - bunny - completely on topic!!!

and what's more........i don't care!Image

(this is, afterall, the Thanksgiving thread!) so nanner nanner na na!
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby moondance » Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:30 pm

I'm sticking this on the end of the Thanksgiving thread.
Today is Black Friday and I was out there shopping even though I absolutely hate it.
Something that added to the tortue of it all... the store muzak stuff that they pipe in between calling for cashiers and stockboys, was a reggae version of Lips Like Sugar with annoying rap in the middle. Groan! :mad:
moondance

Postby Fish Hook Girl » Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:09 pm

moondance wrote:I'm sticking this on the end of the Thanksgiving thread.
Today is Black Friday and I was out there shopping even though I absolutely hate it.
Something that added to the tortue of it all... the store muzak stuff that they pipe in between calling for cashiers and stockboys, was a reggae version of Lips Like Sugar with annoying rap in the middle. Groan! :mad:

Wow! I wonder if it was Seal's version (the one that was in the dreadful Adam Sandler movie from way back).

A few years ago I was in Target in the electronics department and from out of nowhere I heard It's Alright. I went running down the aisle and took the corner on a skid to find it coming out of a display stereo system. It was some sort of canned see what I can do type of thing and it was on a loop. And the entire song played, like every 10 minutes. I always hoped that the boys got some money out of having the record label sell their song for that purpose.
Fish Hook Girl

Postby Red » Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:20 pm

you went shopping today, Moonies??? :eek:

you won't catch me NEAR a store on Black Friday!!!!! no way!

but yes, that Seal version was HORRIBLE!

hubby heard a bunny tune in the grocery store the other day, but now he can't remember which one it was. :rolleyes:
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby moondance » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:25 pm

Well whoever it was, it was bloody awful! A disgrace. Who could ever top the Bunnymen singing that? It had no respect to it, IMHO. The rap in the middle was the pits. Of course, when they loudspeaker stops the song to ask for someone to come to the service counter it made it even worse but still...

Yeah, Red, I hated to do it but I was getting my car serviced near the department store. It was a 5 1/2 hour fleecing for me. I had to do something and make a dent in that shopping list.

I went to Century 21 department store and there was a Newsday representative who gave me a $100 giftcard if I'd buy a subscription. My father wanted me to get him a subscription anyway so I did it and had $100 to spend in the store :razz:

Too bad I always get ripped off at the car dealership. I hate being a woman and needing service done. I'm sure that they ripped me off royally! :mad:
moondance

Postby withahip » Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:55 pm

ELLERY - A Jamestown woman suffered minor injuries Saturday afternoon when her car windshield was struck by a turkey, the Chautauqua County Sheriff's Department said.

Heather Loveless, 26, was westbound on I-86 when a turkey flew in front of her vehicle and struck the windshield.

Sheriff's officials said Loveless was treated at the scene for minor facial cuts and a cut on her hand. Her two passengers were not injured.
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby blinkilite » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:06 pm

Red wrote:you went shopping today, Moonies??? :eek:

you won't catch me NEAR a store on Black Friday!!!!! no way!

i go to the mall every year on black friday!!! but i go in the afternoon after all the 4am and 5am CRAZY shoppers are gone... they have really good deals, and later in the day it's not any busier than a normal saturday at the mall... at least where i live... :lol: :lol: :lol:

i'm dreading christmas shopping... at least i can do most of it online... :wink:
blinkilite

Postby withahip » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:15 pm

I went to Wal-Mart at ! am Saturday. It was surreal to say the least. I never seen such interesting people in my town during the daylight hours.
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby electrabunny » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:22 pm

Wal-Mart has "interesting" people no matter what time of day or season it is! I saw a hilarious skit about Wal-Mart on the Henry Rollins Show this weekend!
electrabunny

Postby insanejane » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:06 pm

withahip wrote:ELLERY - A Jamestown woman suffered minor injuries Saturday afternoon when her car windshield was struck by a turkey, the Chautauqua County Sheriff's Department said.

Heather Loveless, 26, was westbound on I-86 when a turkey flew in front of her vehicle and struck the windshield.

Sheriff's officials said Loveless was treated at the scene for minor facial cuts and a cut on her hand. Her two passengers were not injured.

payback!
insanejane

PreviousNext

Return to Over The Wall