What will YOU be doing on the day of the gigs?

Tired of discussing the Bunnymen and all the bands that have been influenced by them? This is the place for you.

Postby Ted » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:24 pm

You only go around once....I think... Have fun!!!
Ted

Postby Red » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:25 pm

moondance wrote:Just look for Red

:lol: :lol:

well, some people know what others look like.....others just walk up and say are you from the forum?....and if you get weird looks, just say sorry, wrong person! and go back to your table. who knows, you might meet someone that way! :lol:

usually lots of people are wearing bunnymen t shirts....so it's not hard to find people eventually.

in scotland last year we met a lot of cool fun people by walking up to the *wrong* group wearing bunny shirts! but we joined their table anyway and had shitloads of fun!!! Image turns out i had swapped a few emails with the one guy years back on 7 seas!!

it's all good stuff!!
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby insanejane » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:32 pm

It's always fun too when someone who's a lurker on the forum introduces themselves at a meetup.
At Barney's in LA she hung around the bar area listening to our conversation a while, then introduced herself. Said she never posted on the forum, just read. One of the nicest people I've met ( besides the other forum members that were there that night)
insanejane

Postby Seven Seas » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:05 am

Moondance,

the eyes to boot this morning! love the red colour. lol

TGIF!!!!

Is anyone doing the Shiverpool Walking Tour?
http://www.shiverpool.co.uk/bookings.html
Last edited by Seven Seas on Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seven Seas

Postby starsabove » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:02 pm

Red - have you got a good response from your meetup in Trafalgar Square next week? How many of you will there be?

I'd like to come (as I'm only in south london) but looks like other half and child care issues may put pay to that!

Helen
starsabove
Just Tuned In
Just Tuned In

Postby moondance » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:14 pm

GOOD LUCK to all of you luckies flying out to Liverpool this weekend! :biggrin:
Take pics, have a great time and come back and spill the beans :wave:
moondance

Postby insanejane » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:04 pm

moondance wrote:GOOD LUCK to all of you luckies flying out to Liverpool this weekend! :biggrin:
Take pics, have a great time and come back and spill the beans :wave:

my sentiments exactly! :wink:
insanejane

Postby snowbunny » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:02 pm

Yes - we want beans, dammit!
snowbunny

Postby Red » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:54 pm

starsabove wrote:Red - have you got a good response from your meetup in Trafalgar Square next week? How many of you will there be?

I'd like to come (as I'm only in south london) but looks like other half and child care issues may put pay to that!

Helen

awww! that'd be great to meet someone new! maybe other half will babysit?? tell him it's for a good cause! tell him he can have a night out on the town too! ;-)

we've got about 8 i think! let me know if you can make it! i'll be able to check my PM's up until late that afternoon! :-)
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby rusty » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:16 am

starsabove I hope you can make trafalgar square. My sister Vicki and I will be there with red and blinki.

sevenseas I hope you decide to come and meet the group. I've meet some great bunny people over the years--including moonies. Looking forward to meeting everyone this coming week

hmmm, I wonder where I can find some cool beans in england? better add that to the "gotta do" list. Yes moonies, I do have my camera and the very important card this time. So I will share.
rusty

Postby moondance » Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:31 am

Thanks Rusty! Have a blast girl! :cool:
moondance

Postby Seven Seas » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:10 am

Rusty,

Thanks for your sentiment & I hope you have a blast.

Pete & me leave this week, whoo.

Cheers though & safety, health & welfare, everyone!!!
Last edited by Seven Seas on Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Seven Seas

Postby Scouser » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:44 am

The attempts on the official site to organise a meet are painful - someone even mentioned the Rat & Parrott!!!! Pete would be turning in his grave. Its all plastic decor and Fred Perry polo shirts. Disgusting.

I dont know what issues you have had on the official site, but Id steer clear of official meets if I was you. There is only so many times you can say "Oh mY God...you are exactly as I imagined you" or "Oh My God...you are nothing like I imagined you" before you want to ram your head into the drip trays and end the misery.

Word of advice - DONT head to Matthew Street whatever you do, unless you want to have WKD spilt all over you by some drunken farm labourer from Skelmersdale whilst constantly sidestepping pools of Smirnoff Ice flavoured vomit. If your idea of a good night out is standing crushed in a bar with "I Will Survive" blasted out at ear splitting volume whilst clutching a vodka jelly - go for it.

Liverpool has a massive ammount of iconic pubs that were built by the tradesmen who made the Titanic, Lucitania etc

The Philharmonic - nowhere near the venue but a great looking boozer with a laid back, arty crowd.

The Vines - as above with less arty crowd.

The Swan - great jukebox (incl EATB). Eclectic mix of bikers, students and goths.

Ye Cracke - bizarre looking pub. Great beers. Great crowd - dead friendly.

The Pilgrim - students, lecturers. Always packed but a great atmos. Bunnymen on the jukebox.

The Railway - one of those pubs thats like an old slipper. You just instantly feel at home the minute you walk in. Scary barmaids.

Of the new arrivals -

Alma De Cuba. OK, its abit poncey. But its got to be seen to be believed, even if its only for one drink. A converted Polish church, you can have a drink on the altar.

Modo - not so new but I still like the ambience.

Thats just a snapshot - there are loads more. All I am trying to say is theres no need to go to mass produced shite like the Rat and Parrott or the alcoholics paradise that is Matthew Street.

Enjoy!
Mr. Brian, I find that offensive.

Scouser's inability to se others' point of view is rather grating.
Scouser
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dr Cheese » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:14 pm

Is it just me or is meeting people off the internet just a bit weird?
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby moondance » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:42 pm

It was fun to meet people in Philadelphia last year. Then again in New York. I loved it!
I don't think anybody is trying to be evasive, I just don't think that they have the place set yet. Being unsure of the number of people coming and trying to figure out the size of the pub is all that seems to be going on. Plus proximity to the venue.
moondance

PreviousNext

Return to Over The Wall