What will YOU be doing on the day of the gigs?

Tired of discussing the Bunnymen and all the bands that have been influenced by them? This is the place for you.

What will YOU be doing on the day of the gigs?

Postby Seven Seas » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:22 am

In an attempt to regain friendships & sanity in the process, I'll stick to posting only to really band related issues & some other 'lighter' topics.

I attended my first football match in Manchester (Man City) and it was a BLAST. So, this got me thinking, what will all of you be doing the days of the gigs?

Will you go touring the city? Drinking? Shopping? Visiting people? Attending sports events?

Is there an Everton or even Liverpool game that day? I haven't checked my schedules.

Do you have to travel far & wide? Was the arranging all a hassle or fun?

Are we permitted cameras with flashes (digitals, like Kodaks)?
Seven Seas

Postby Dr Cheese » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:25 am

I'll be sat on my lazy backside at home playing Bioshock or maybe Pro Evo 2008 on my pc.
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby JackT » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:28 am

Dr Cheese wrote:I'll be sat on my lazy backside at home playing Bioshock or maybe Pro Evo 2008 on my pc.

Hey I recently finished Bioshock. Beautiful art direction and design concept.
"He was a mongoose, rather like a little cat in his fur and his tail, but quite like a weasel in his head and his habits."
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Seven Seas » Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:31 pm

Dr Cheese wrote:I'll be sat on my lazy backside at home playing Bioshock or maybe Pro Evo 2008 on my pc.

Can you explain what Bioshock or Pro Evo 2008 is? Sport type of computer game?

Are you going to both gigs?
Seven Seas

Postby blinkilite » Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:53 pm

Seven Seas wrote:

they're both video games.

jack - did you like bioshock? i see that it is also available for the PC. (we don't have an Xbox. :sad:) i was looking for a good game to get my husband for christmas... he regularly plays civilization IV and sometimes warcraft... he used to be a D&D nerd too. :wink: just curious of your opinion... and do you think that playability would SUCK if it was on the PC and not a console (as in keyboard control vs. video game controller)??

nerd out
blinkilite

Postby JackT » Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:42 pm

blinkilite wrote:
Seven Seas wrote:

they're both video games.

jack - did you like bioshock? i see that it is also available for the PC. (we don't have an Xbox. :sad:) i was looking for a good game to get my husband for christmas... he regularly plays civilization IV and sometimes warcraft... he used to be a D&D nerd too. :wink: just curious of your opinion... and do you think that playability would SUCK if it was on the PC and not a console (as in keyboard control vs. video game controller)??

nerd out

Nah playability on PC will be good. The one caveat, though, is that you must have REALLY up-to-date hardware, esp. video card. If you have really badass hardware, check out Crysis.
"He was a mongoose, rather like a little cat in his fur and his tail, but quite like a weasel in his head and his habits."
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Seven Seas » Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:45 pm

Sounds like everyone should go to someone's place for a gaming & drinking party before the gigs! lol

Is there anyone here that is NOT excited about the gigs though, meaning, b/c they have other things going on in their life right now, pre-occupying them w/ those? With the holidays approaching too, things can be a drag for some people even though, the time is supposedly defined as exciting, family-oriented & fun...

Are some here, who could not even be bothered w/ the fact w/ drinking, and just wanting to go to the gig, to actually be reasonable to hear the band play?
Seven Seas

Postby Dave Smith » Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:12 pm

tbh I've heard the same set that many times that I look forward to the drinking more than the gig.Sad but true.
Dave Smith
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby insanejane » Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:35 pm

Dave Smith wrote:tbh I've heard the same set that many times that I look forward to the drinking more than the gig.Sad but true.

I always look forward to the drinking : )

Until they come up with some Star Trek-like transporter, I'll be thinking of you guys and wishing I could be at those shows the Bunnymen always do in Dec.
insanejane

Postby Dr Cheese » Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:58 pm

JackT wrote:

Hey I recently finished Bioshock. Beautiful art direction and design concept.

Yeah it looks amazing and I'm finding it a bit disturbing also, as for it sucking on pc I'm of the opinion that FPS games on consoles are just plain wrong.
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dr Cheese » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:01 pm

Seven Seas wrote:

Is there anyone here that is NOT excited about the gigs though

Not particularly, I'm in the Dave Smith school of thought - seen it all before many times. I'm more excited about seeing Gogol Bordello the week after.
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dave Smith » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:55 pm

Well I'm at Interpol Blackpool on the 28 Nov,then the mighty Half Man Half Biscuit play Wolvo on Dec 3,and then the Bunnymen on the Saturday.Most excited about?.....another genius performance by Nigel Blackwell.KLast time they played Wolvo he played a caravan shaped guitar.
Dave Smith
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dr Cheese » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:06 pm

Actually I'm most excited about seeing this year's Rock'n'Roll Panto at the Everyman in Liverpool.

Aladdin
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby King Of Kings » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:10 pm

King Of Kings

Postby Red » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:40 pm

here ya go KOK....

Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Next