JC Penney Catalog, circa 1977

Tired of discussing the Bunnymen and all the bands that have been influenced by them? This is the place for you.

JC Penney Catalog, circa 1977

Postby snowbunny » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:33 pm

I haven't laughed so hard in a long time... http://15minutelunch.blogspot.com/2007/ ... going.html
snowbunny

Postby Red » Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:21 am

:laughing-smiley: :laughing-smiley: :laughing-smiley: :laughing-smiley:

i was in high school that year........oh the horrid nightmares of 70's clothing! thanks.....that made me LMFAO!!!

:laughing-smiley: :laughing-smiley: :laughing-smiley: :laughing-smiley:
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby blinkilite » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:45 am

that was awesome... hahahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol:

i am so glad i wasn't old enough to dress myself back then. good god, what were they thinking???
not just another drop in the ocean
blinkilite

Postby moondance » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:04 pm

:lol: Oh God, even then I knew that fashion was totally warped. I think I have some pics of me in plaid pants and rust colored turtleneck, and hating every minute of it.
Groan!
moondance

Postby JackT » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:56 pm

I think by '77 the plaid thing was no longer quite in fashion, at least in the NY area.

Here's my Kindergarten class picture from '71-'72:

You can see the plaid thing was already in full swing. Two years later, it seems like maybe it had already peaked (plaids being confined to sports coats and sweater vests(??) by this time):

"He was a mongoose, rather like a little cat in his fur and his tail, but quite like a weasel in his head and his habits."
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Fish Hook Girl » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:05 pm

JackT wrote:I think by '77 the plaid thing was no longer quite in fashion, at least in the NY area.

Here's my Kindergarten class picture from '71-'72:

You can see the plaid thing was already in full swing. Two years later, it seems like maybe it had already peaked (plaids being confined to sports coats and sweater vests(??) by this time):

So which one is you Jack?

Oh, don't bother, I think I've got it figured out. :lol:
Fish Hook Girl

Postby moondance » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:07 pm

Top row, third from left???? :question:

Ya gotta feel for the kid in the top row, third from right. That bow tie and that jacket. Arghhhhhhhhhhh! :lol:
moondance

Postby JackT » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:56 pm

moondance wrote:Top row, third from left???? :question:

Ya gotta feel for the kid in the top row, third from right. That bow tie and that jacket. Arghhhhhhhhhhh! :lol:

Bow tie and jacket is Timmy Janis. We rode the bus together first day of Kindergarten.

Third from left (blue sweater vest) is Barry Gallo. One time in third grade I drew a naughty picture and blamed him and he got in trouble.
"He was a mongoose, rather like a little cat in his fur and his tail, but quite like a weasel in his head and his habits."
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Fish Hook Girl » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:07 pm

That's the one I picked out. He's also in the top photo, second row from the top on the left end. To clarify, I included the teacher in my count of third from the left. I'm guessing you did too, Moondance.

The kid with the bow tie looks like Whitey from Leave It To Beaver. That may be before some of you young whippersnappers' time.
Last edited by Fish Hook Girl on Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fish Hook Girl

Postby JackT » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:08 pm

Fish Hook Girl wrote:

That's the one I picked out. He's also in the top photo, second row from the top on the left end.

The kid with the bow tie looks like Whitey from Leave It To Beaver. That may be before some of you young whippersnappers' time.

Sorry, I didn't realize you were counting Ms. Eason. Yeah, that's me, the short one.
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Fish Hook Girl » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:14 pm

JackT wrote:Sorry, I didn't realize you were counting Ms. Eason. Yeah, that's me, the short one.

Oh, don't "short-change" yourself, Jack. You've got a good "you talking to me?" stare going on in the top photo.

I'm laughing at how you referred to the teacher as Ms. Eason. I ran into a former teacher at a work function years after high school and I still referred to him as Mr. Mulholland. I think it's something that never gets out of our system.
Fish Hook Girl

Postby JackT » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:15 pm

Fish Hook Girl wrote:
JackT wrote:Sorry, I didn't realize you were counting Ms. Eason. Yeah, that's me, the short one.

Oh, don't "short-change" yourself, Jack. You've got a good "you talking to me?" stare going on in the top photo.

I'm laughing at how you referred to the teacher as Ms. Eason. I ran into a former teacher at a work function years after high school and I still referred to him as Mr. Mulholland. I think it's something that never gets out of our system.

I believe she had an audition for Charlie's Angels later that afternoon.
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Fish Hook Girl » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:18 pm

JackT wrote:I believe she had an audition for Charlie's Angels later that afternoon.

As a 1976 high school graduate, didn't we all?
Fish Hook Girl

Postby snowbunny » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:22 pm

The kids can't be held responsible, but look at what the teachers are wearing....
snowbunny

Postby Fish Hook Girl » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:23 pm

I don't think cotton had been invented yet. I'm not kidding.
Fish Hook Girl

Next

Return to Over The Wall