Let the holiday bunny festivities begin...

Tired of discussing the Bunnymen and all the bands that have been influenced by them? This is the place for you.

Let the holiday bunny festivities begin...

Postby Red » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:56 pm

Ho Ho Ho! Image

Since Dec 8 & 9 will be the annual Bunnymen Xmas shows, we're going to start the holidaybunny festivities a bit early with a little meet-up on Thursday, Dec 6. Blinkilite, Rusty and I are meeting in Trafalgar Square for the annual tree lighting ceremony and then going for a few drinks afterwards!

If anyone wants to join us we'll be meeting at Nelson's Column at 5:30 pm. (on the side facing the National Gallery...see photo below)

The tree will be lit at 6 pm, and then afterwards we'll head to the Leicester Square area for a few drinkies at one or two traditional pubs. Possibly The Porcupine! depending if we can get inside. I doubt we'll be out too late, since we're just flying in that day, so if you have to work the next day, don't worry about having a late night.

Image Hope some of you will join us!

I realize the street in front of the National Gallery is now pedestrian only, but you get the idea!
We'll be meeting at the spot marked with the red X.

If anyone needs any further details, feel free to contact me.

Light up thy Christmas trees...and groove! Image
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Lancashire Fusileer » Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:55 am

A VERY GOOD pub is the Welsh Harp, just down the road from the Chandos (which is across the road from the national Gallery)

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED, traditional (ie NOT fucked around) boozer, mix of low life and dons, used to fry sausages on the bar too a couple of years back, hopefully still do. Decent bitter, okay guiness. A haven.
Walk down the road the Chandos is on, bear left, its on yer left.
older by the day
Lancashire Fusileer

Postby tomo » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:39 am

if you're going to the porcupine in london, why not try the crocodile in liverpool when ya get here?

http://www.citikey.com/business/1015958 ... =1&total=1
tomo

Postby Red » Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:13 am

Lancashire Fusileer wrote:A VERY GOOD pub is the Welsh Harp, just down the road from the Chandos (which is across the road from the national Gallery)

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED, traditional (ie NOT fucked around) boozer, mix of low life and dons, used to fry sausages on the bar too a couple of years back, hopefully still do. Decent bitter, okay guiness. A haven.

hey thanks for the recommendation! will have to check it out.

do you know if they serve Addlestone's cloudy cider? ;-)
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Red » Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:14 am

tomo wrote:if you're going to the porcupine in london, why not try the crocodile in liverpool when ya get here?

Thanks Pete! We'll have to do a Bunnymen themed pub crawl!!! :lol:

(have you ever been there...is it any good?)
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Red » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:33 pm

3 long time 7 Seasers will be joining us too! should be a great time! :mrgreen:
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby crystal daze » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:48 pm

I don't mind youse guys arranging your meet up, but can you cool it with the christmas stuff, its only November FFS. :rolleyes:
There's times when I've been deeply indifferent
crystal daze

Postby Lancashire Fusileer » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:51 pm

Red wrote:
Lancashire Fusileer wrote:A VERY GOOD pub is the Welsh Harp, just down the road from the Chandos (which is across the road from the national Gallery)

hey thanks for the recommendation! will have to check it out.

do you know if they serve Addlestone's cloudy cider? ;-)

last time I was there they had Strongbow or some other dishwater, still its a bitter pub, so it could have improved...

Heartily recommend the French House in Soho on Dean Street as they do cloudy Breton cider for 6 quid a bottle (litre) bottle that is... oh dear. Its teh real deal, trust me.
One of the last truly great bohemian pubs in London, all sorts frequent it, including Naughty Young Men

older by the day
Lancashire Fusileer

Postby Dr Cheese » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:47 pm

crystal daze wrote:I don't mind youse guys arranging your meet up, but can you cool it with the christmas stuff, its only November FFS. :rolleyes:

Yeah, Christmas comes but once a year (although it now seems like twice a year) and when it does it pisses me right off! :evil:
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Red » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:18 pm

sorry, but when you're going abroad and coordinating with lots of different people, you can't wait until the last minute to make plans! especially when some of the people won't have computer access once they leave this country! Dec 6th is only 3 weeks away, afterall. :razz:
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby crystal daze » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:30 am

Red wrote:sorry, but when you're going abroad and coordinating with lots of different people, you can't wait until the last minute to make plans! ......

I wasn't objecting to that :rolleyes:

crystal daze wrote:I don't mind youse guys arranging your meet up, but can you cool it with the christmas stuff, its only November FFS. :rolleyes:
:mrgreen:
There's times when I've been deeply indifferent
crystal daze

Postby JackT » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:39 am

crystal daze wrote:
Red wrote:sorry, but when you're going abroad and coordinating with lots of different people, you can't wait until the last minute to make plans! ......

How nice that you had no objections. Plans can proceed then? I think it's reasonable to mention Christmas when discussing what you are going to do around CHRISTMAS TIME.

Besides, if I want to talk about Christmas in the middle of summer, then I will by-god talk about it, because Christmas is AWESOME.
"He was a mongoose, rather like a little cat in his fur and his tail, but quite like a weasel in his head and his habits."
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby moses (2) » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:57 am

JackT wrote:
crystal daze wrote:

How nice that you had no objections. Plans can proceed then? I think it's reasonable to mention Christmas when discussing what you are going to do around CHRISTMAS TIME.

Besides, if I want to talk about Christmas in the middle of summer, then I will by-god talk about it, because Christmas is AWESOME.

Did you not read the rules of this forum

No mention of christmas is allowed

all togeher now

Christmas time
Misseltoe and wine
Children singing
Chistian rhyme

I'll leave it to somebody else to explain the vileness of this christmas ditty

When I was a kid growing up in catholic Ireland we were not allowed to write Xmas because it took the christ out of christmas ......
moses (2)

Postby moondance » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:13 pm

moses2 wrote:When I was a kid growing up in catholic Ireland we were not allowed to write Xmas because it took the christ out of christmas ......

My mom still shudders if she sees Xmas written that way! And she is Italian!
moondance

Postby Dr Cheese » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:34 pm

moses (2) wrote:

Did you not read the rules of this forum

No mention of christmas is allowed

all togeher now

Christmas time
Misseltoe and wine
Children singing
Chistian rhyme

I'll leave it to somebody else to explain the vileness of this christmas ditty

Vileness incarnate!!!