Sweet cover of Killing Moon

Tired of discussing the Bunnymen and all the bands that have been influenced by them? This is the place for you.

Sweet cover of Killing Moon

Postby Mr. Brian » Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:56 pm

Working from home affords me to listen to more music. I got onto a Replacements kick with a minor sidetrack to Paul Westerburg and then that reminded me of Matthew Sweet, I always thought Girlfriend and Sick of Myself were excellent songs with great guitar work ....anyway, I had no idea that between 2006 and 2013 Matthew Sweet and Susanna Hoffs put out three albums of covers from the 60s, 70s, and 80s. Here is a pretty Sweet (lol) cover of Killing Moon from the 3rd volume...

Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Sweet cover of Killing Moon

Postby fat cherry » Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:41 pm

i think she's just doen something with Travis
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Kounelaki » Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:56 pm

Mr. Brian wrote:Here is a pretty Sweet (lol) cover of Killing Moon from the 3rd volume...

:lol: Thanks, Mr. Brian.
Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Stuart » Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:19 am

It wouldn't work if Mac was a slaphead would it.
Stuart

Postby fat cherry » Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:30 am

brilliant
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Mr. Brian » Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:26 am

Excellent!
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Kounelaki » Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:38 pm

Brilliant! Thanks, Stuart.
Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:25 am

Still my favorite Killing Moon cover

With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby black francis » Mon Apr 10, 2023 12:25 am

I'm starting to believe The Killing Moon must be the most covered song of all time. This is a shitty cover but for some reason the horns at 2:25 are fucking spectacular. Like choke me up spectacular. Also it makes me think there needs to be a Mariachi version. My cousin is a professional mariachi/musician (if you're interested in Ranchera music look up Santiago Alberto on iTunes) so next time we get together I'm gonna beg him to make this version happen.

I'm dicking around on a Mac and can't copy and paste for some reason. Just look up Greg Laswell Killing Moon on Youtube or apple music.
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby Voodoo Billy » Thu May 11, 2023 7:33 am

Stuart wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6ICtWN5hw0

Only just seen this. It is bloody brilliant, one of my favourite covers EVER.
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Thu May 11, 2023 7:35 am

black francis wrote:I'm starting to believe The Killing Moon must be the most covered song of all time. This is a shitty cover but for some reason the horns at 2:25 are fucking spectacular. Like choke me up spectacular.

I know what you mean BF, I think it must be our age mate. I get quite choked up myself when I get the horn these days. :redface:
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Tue May 16, 2023 11:29 pm

Voodoo Billy wrote:
black francis wrote:I'm starting to believe The Killing Moon must be the most covered song of all time. This is a shitty cover but for some reason the horns at 2:25 are fucking spectacular. Like choke me up spectacular.

I know what you mean BF, I think it must be our age mate. I get quite choked up myself when I get the horn these days. :redface:

:lol: :lol:
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Return to Over The Wall