Two and a Half Men

Tired of discussing the Bunnymen and all the bands that have been influenced by them? This is the place for you.

Two and a Half Men

Postby fat cherry » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:40 am

Now Mrs FC despairs but I do have a liking for fairly obvious basic comedy. My theory is, that if you can see a joke coming over the hill a mile away, and its still funny when it gets to you, then that's comedy genius. Yes? Well I think so. Now this program, its no Dad's Army, or even Likely Lads or Porridge but when it appeared for free on Amazon I took up the challenge of watching every single episode. I had seen a few before but channel 4 had series 3 or 4 to 10 and I only saw it occasionally, so not how it started or finished, and it turns lots in the middle - so it was a worthwhile feat of endurance - I should have opened a Just Giving page and got people to pay me in aid of a good cause.

So my verdict? Ha. Well Mrs FC still despairs**. Jake was funnier when he was little, they'd already started recycling storylines by the time Charlie Sheen left so it was probably time for a shake up and the first series with Kutcher was quite good (relatively speaking). The last series with sheen you can see him physically deteriorating through the series. And the fact that he goes on to make a show called Anger Management, with a main character called Charlie, is almost genius itself. The final series jumped the shark (if that's possible). And the final final episode - how much did the producers hate Sheen to spend an extended episode having fairly crap anti-charlie gags.

Also, and maybes most importantly,-Charlie, Alan and Waldon, spend alot of time in bed with ladies - the ladies never take their underwear off. Not that I was expecting to see nakedness, but they are in bed and you know, still half dressed.

*but she likes zombie stuff such as the walking dead, and fear the walking dead, which I don't get either - why do they always catch up though they can't run? She says its not really about the zombies.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Re: Two and a Half Men

Postby fat cherry » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:41 am

soz, early start with accounts and suchlike so you know, internet ramblings filling in gaps.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Kounelaki » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:29 am

fat cherry wrote:Also, and maybes most importantly,-Charlie, Alan and Waldon, spend alot of time in bed with ladies - the ladies never take their underwear off. Not that I was expecting to see nakedness, but they are in bed and you know, still half dressed.

Amercian network television. What were you expecting? :wink:
Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dr Cheese » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:59 pm

I used to love the earlier series (?) seasons (?) series ... and I still watched it up to CS self-destructing (or "winning" as he put it) but once he left (was fired) that was it for me. Couldn't get on with Aston Kutcher's character and Alan just seemed a bit redundant. I also preferred Jake's character when he was a smart arse little kid.
And you know that I'll pick up
Every time you call
Just to thank you one more time
Alcohol
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Mr. Brian » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:15 pm

Kounelaki wrote:
Amercian network television. What were you expecting? :wink:

I don't think I've ever seen this show but I was aware of it. I am shocked to learn from Wiki that it ran for 12 years. That's two years longer than the Bunnymen's original run. How's that for a tie in?
Personally, I just can't stand those sitcoms with the couch in the living room and studio audience anymore. People always talk about Big Bang Theory and I tried to watch it and couldn't make it halfway through one episode. I feel like Seinfeld was the last great classic sitcom. After decades of that stuff, the writing is so predictable. I much prefer the style of shows like The Goldberg's, Arrested Development, 30 Rock, Parks and Rec, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.
Ok, looking at my list... one is network, two are on Netflix, two are off the air (but they were network) and the other is HBO. Sue me.
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby In The Margins » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:28 pm

Never watched Two and a Half Men. No interest. I disagree on The Big Bang Theory. The show isn't as sharp as when it first started, but the writers still get a good gag in every so often. Plus Jim Parsons plays the Sheldon character so well.

Seinfeld and 30 Rock are classics. Loved Parks and Rec until it fell apart in the fifth season. Have never seen Kimmy Schmidt. Arrested Development is a gem, but they should stop trying to extend it. Curb is great but also needs to call it a day.

Good things (sitcoms) to watch: VEEP, Brooklyn 99, Archer, Brockmire, Mom, Silicon Valley, Superstore, The Good Place.
In The Margins
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:30 pm

Big Bang Theory was quite good at the start but lost it in the last few seasons. Just about all comedies with a will they wont they plot die as soon as the answer is yes they will. Just look at men behaving badly, though there were only a couple of seasons of that that were really good. I did see a couple of 'young sheldon' on a flight recently and it wasn't nearly as bad as i expected. But then i was getting funny looks because i was laughing out loud at the goldbergs. Everyone else seemed to be watching the revenant.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Kounelaki » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:03 pm

Mr. Brian wrote:That's two years longer than the Bunnymen's original run. How's that for a tie in?

:lol:
Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dr Cheese » Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:48 pm

I still enjoy the odd re-run of The Inbetweeners ... anyone ... ?
Every time you call
Alcohol
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:14 am

Yes.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dr Cheese » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:50 am

Can't beat a bit of clunge. :biggrin:
Every time you call
Alcohol
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:25 am

Once when house hunting a few years ago, with wifey who had her daughter in tow, who also brought her mate along (both hoping for free dinner I think) and both students so about 20 years or so old, the estate agent was this oldish geezer. SO looking around this house that was rented out to students, one room had a massive poster that said I [big picture of a heart] clunge, so anyway the old boy reads it out loud "I heart clunge, what's that mean then, clunge? Never heard of it". Two girlies descend into a fit of giggles and leave, closely followed by wife as he keeps reading it over and over again asking me what it means. I bottled it and told him he didn't really want to know. A 'had to be there experience' I spose.

hget your wellies on

fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:07 am

fat cherry wrote:Big Bang Theory was quite good at the start but lost it in the last few seasons. Just about all comedies with a will they wont they plot die as soon as the answer is yes they will.

Just watched series 11 and though its nowhere near as good as it was at the start it was funny in places, and the ending was quite sweet - sweet? What am I a 12 year old girl? apparently so. That seems the ideal place to leave it, but I hear they're going for a series 12. Lets guess the plot - sheldon makes fun of everyone, they make fun of him, penny pouts at every punchline and it gets a bit more racist about indians. Sorted.

Did try Parks and recreation a bit ago but didn't really get into it. Now I have a void I might try again.

So anyone heard the new album?
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Return to Over The Wall