Hard Sun

Tired of discussing the Bunnymen and all the bands that have been influenced by them? This is the place for you.

Hard Sun

Postby fat cherry » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:06 pm

Anyone watch this (on the BBC chaps so half of this forum probably not)? Seemed to be getting good reviews so finally got around to watching it. Bit disappointing I'd say in that the pre-apocalypse element seemed to be bolted onto a standard serial killer plot and then used to fudge the ending - oh sorry, spoiler alert. Not that it was bad as such, quite jolly in places and that Agyness bird is quite good as was the bloke but you know if it hadn't have had the sci-fiy element thrown in we probably wouldn't have noticed - except that they might have had to end it properly.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Re: Hard Sun

Postby Dr Cheese » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:36 am

Mrs Dr Cheese keeps saying I should watch it but I'm half-way through the first season of The Orville so I can't be arsed at the moment.

If you like tongue-in-cheek sci-fi btw The Orville is proper good, it's like a less worthy and up it's own arse version of Star Trek.

And you know that I'll pick up
Every time you call
Just to thank you one more time
Alcohol
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:42 am

Latest series of Black MIrror had a bit of a trekky skit. Also watching happily the new series of inside number 9. Forst one wasn't that up to the mark but others since have had me chortling.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby In The Margins » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:17 pm

I've enjoyed The Orville as well. I can't be bothered to pony up the monthly fee for CBS All Access to watch the sanctioned Star Trek: Discovery series. I was very surprised and intrigued by many of the plot lines on The Orville, especially the gender reassignment episode. I was surprised they tackled that topic, being it was a new show and all.

Many Star Trek alums, from both in front and behind the camera, have shown up as directors, writers, etc. Plus Seth McFarland is a big Star Trek fan. It feels like an extension of Next Generation with some Voyager thrown in, but a bit more laid back. They have a gorgeous set for the main deck. Now all they need is transporter technology. Maybe Isaac brought it back from when he was on that planet for 700 years, since they had developed the technology.

It's been renewed for a second season. My favorite character is Bortus. Gives a new meaning to dead pan.
In The Margins
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dr Cheese » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:43 am

In The Margins wrote:I can't be bothered to pony up the monthly fee for CBS All Access to watch the sanctioned Star Trek: Discovery series.

I'm enjoying Star Trek: Discovery, it's a bit more gritty than the usual sanitised, nicey nicey ST fare.
And you know that I'll pick up
Every time you call
Just to thank you one more time
Alcohol
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby In The Margins » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:49 am

Dr Cheese wrote:I'm enjoying Star Trek: Discovery, it's a bit more gritty than the usual sanitised, nicey nicey ST fare.

I watched the first episode (it was free on network tv). I'll have to reconsider the extra cost for the rest of the series. Thanks!
In The Margins
Über Fan
Über Fan

Return to Over The Wall