Made my first pot of coffee tonight

Tired of discussing the Bunnymen and all the bands that have been influenced by them? This is the place for you.

Made my first pot of coffee tonight

Postby black francis » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:12 am

My son wanted to go to Disneyland this evening so I gave in. On the way my supervisor called asking if I could come in at 3:30 AM. Being Christmas and having ungrateful children with expensive tastes I said I'd take the overtime. A strong rum and coke later I'm thinking wrong choice of beverage so I made my first pot of coffee ever. Being a coffee sissy I added three spoons of creamer, three packets of Splenda and some hot chocolate mix. NOT BAD!

However being up alone watching Paranormal Witness is scaring the shit out of me. Especially since our new home is much darker than the old one and doesn't have that reassuring gigantic window you all loved so much.
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Re: Made my first pot of coffee tonight

Postby Voodoo Billy » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:19 pm

Great to hear from you again BF, can't believe you moved house and didn't take that piece of glazed artistry with you, I miss it myself and I only ever saw it in a photograph. I do hope you charged extra for leaving the window.
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Kounelaki » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:58 pm

Do you have the jitters now, BF?
Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dr Cheese » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:24 pm

Pussy!
And you know that I'll pick up
Every time you call
Just to thank you one more time
Alcohol
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:45 pm

I loved that window.
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:04 pm

Kounelaki wrote:Do you have the jitters now, BF?

Only late at night when Paranormal Witness does one of their demon episodes. This new house makes some funny noises. Last night it was a mirror.
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby black francis » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:05 pm

Voodoo Billy wrote:I loved that window.

I wish I could send it to you.
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby black francis » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:05 pm

Dr Cheese wrote:Pussy!

We've known that since 2007
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby Dr Cheese » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:25 am

Friday October 9th 2007 @ 7:02am to be precise. :wink:
Every time you call
Alcohol
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:16 pm

Dr Cheese wrote:Friday October 9th 2007 @ 7:02am to be precise. :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby Voodoo Billy » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:40 am

black francis wrote:
Dr Cheese wrote:Friday October 9th 2007 @ 7:02am to be precise. :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We've gained a few pearls of wisdom from his keyboard since then. :wink:
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:38 am

Nice one BF. Enjoy the noises of christmases past and all that. In our house, in one of the bathrooms it sounds a bit like someone somewhere else has a radio on - even when you're not making any noises yourself - I can hear the gags coming over the hill now. Bit weird, and a bit spooky. Also once, when my eldest was visiting I thought she was stood behind me an was busy chatting my usual nonsense, turned round and she was actually in a room in the opposite direction. Now it may be she got bored and managed to slip past me and me, chattering away as I was, didn't notice, but yo know....... Oh and the coffee too, over the years I seemed to have travelled the road from weak with tons of milk and sugar to strong black with no sweeteners whatsoever (like my men, as they say), without really making a decision to change. Black tea these days too, perhaps I'm going lactose intollerant or something.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:31 am

FC I went to my bedroom that night and my fucken' mirror was making noises! It sounded like someone was trying to pull it off the wall. I don't know if I ever mentioned it (probably not as it's kind of embarrassing) but I check out haunted locations and had a group and all so I believe in that shit (along with Bigfoot of course). I could not make the sound stop. It was pretty weird.

Like OUR men.
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby Dr Cheese » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:42 pm

I once never saw a ghost or heard any spooky noises and that's a true story so Merry Christmas motherfuckers.
Every time you call
Alcohol
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:56 am

Once, back in 77, me and my mates (stop me if you've heard this one before) on our first holiday without folks in Aya Napa? Greek Islands?Torremelinos? Nope, Scarborough, fantastic, I woke in the early hours in our little flat with a dead arm. As I'm massaging it to get lfe back (and no you wouldn't be the first to question the detail here, a woman in modern dress comes through the door, without opening it and wanders around the room doing stuff, you know, as if we weren't there - looking back more of a parralel space-time thing going on than a haunting. Anyways woke the lads up who told me not to be so damn stupid and pay off the tetley's mild in future. And obviously soent the rest of the week taking the piss. ANyways,friday night and before going out for one last binge drinking session I pop back to the flat for something or other to be met by one of my mates who was going to stay in, saying 'its just happened to me'. He goes on to describe what I later find out to be sleep paralysis, but woo woo woo, at the time.

Still a sceptic really though my mate Dave is full on with you BF. Spends weekends wither visiting old biuildings and battlefields or sabotaging illegal hunts.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Next

Return to Over The Wall