the footy thread

Tired of discussing the Bunnymen and all the bands that have been influenced by them? This is the place for you.

Re: the footy thread

Postby Voodoo Billy » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:32 pm

5times wrote:Good victory yesterday for the Redmen. Everton struggling a bit.

"A bit"? "A bit"? We are bloody awful. Did you ever play 'Wembley' at school, where you used to take turns kicking the ball against a wall, trying to do so at such an angle to make it at difficult as possible for the next player to hit the wall, well that's what Lukaku's like, the bloody wall, I think we bought him to give us some presence, so that opposition defenders would bounce off him but the only thing that bounces off him is the bloody ball, he has the first tough of a concrete block, £28 million. :frown:
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:03 pm

Voodoo Billy wrote:
5times wrote:Good victory yesterday for the Redmen. Everton struggling a bit.

"A bit"? "A bit"? We are bloody awful. Did you ever play 'Wembley' at school, where you used to take turns kicking the ball against a wall, trying to do so at such an angle to make it at difficult as possible for the next player to hit the wall, well that's what Lukaku's like, the bloody wall, I think we bought him to give us some presence, so that opposition defenders would bounce off him but the only thing that bounces off him is the bloody ball, he has the first touch of a concrete block, £28 million. :frown:
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby 5times » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:59 pm

Another defeat for the blues tonight. Could they get relegated, VB?
5times

Postby Voodoo Billy » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:12 am

5times wrote:Another defeat for the blues tonight. Could they get relegated, VB?

At least the Redmen are doing something to help keep us up, took 3 points off Burnley last night. I think it might be time for Martinez to go before it's too late. If we beat Newcastle at Goodison a week Sunday I think we'll be alright, anything less and we're in deep deep shit.
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dr Cheese » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:16 am

Voodoo Billy wrote: anything less and we're in deep deep shit.

This is no time to go partying!

http://www.deep-shit.net/
And you know that I'll pick up
Every time you call
Just to thank you one more time
Alcohol
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:15 pm

It doesn't help that the goals are in the wrong bloody place. We don't play from end to end, we play from side to side, once this crab-football catches on and they stick the goals at the sides of the pitch we'll be unbeatable.
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby 5times » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:55 pm

Good result against the mancs, VB.

Klopp for the kop, I say.
5times

Postby Voodoo Billy » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:43 pm

5times wrote:Good result against the mancs, VB.

Klopp for the kop, I say.

Goodison was rocking to the old favourite, "Manchester is full of shit" :lol:

Where's Brenda off to then?
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dr Cheese » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:39 am

Voodoo Billy wrote:

Where's Brenda off to then?

The nearest Job Centre please the useless, blarney spouting, nob! :mad:

Click the link, you'll need your speakers on.

https://vine.co/v/OvBUDvguVWM
And you know that I'll pick up
Every time you call
Just to thank you one more time
Alcohol
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Kounelaki » Thu May 14, 2015 1:47 am

Suarez vs Evra and Chiellini in the CL final should be interesting.
Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby 5times » Sun May 17, 2015 10:31 pm

I'm glad this depressing season is coming to an end. Awful. Hope we don't start next season with Rodgers or it will happen all over again.
5times

Postby Voodoo Billy » Mon May 18, 2015 8:10 am

5times wrote:I'm glad this depressing season is coming to an end. Awful. Hope we don't start next season with Rodgers or it will happen all over again.

You did better than us chumps. If Martinez thinks we are still in a bloody special moment I'm going to weep.
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby 5times » Mon May 18, 2015 9:07 am

These Liverpool and Everton teams pale into comparison when you compare them with the teams we had in the seventies and eighties. It saddens me to watch the decline and see lottery winning Chelsea dominating.
What's your most memorable match, VB? Not on the telly, when you were there. Not necessarily the best game but the one which meant the most to you. Mine is the cup final of `86. Two superb teams, convinced we were going to get beat at half time and then going on to win quite easily in a brilliant atmosphere. Had it all for me that day. I got a ticket off my dad's mate on the Thursday night and I went down on a coach. Didn't even have a beer. And it was sweet after watching you beat us at Anfield a few weeks previously. Really Everton should have had the double that year. They slipped up.
5times

Postby Voodoo Billy » Fri May 22, 2015 1:15 pm

5times wrote:These Liverpool and Everton teams pale into comparison when you compare them with the teams we had in the seventies and eighties. It saddens me to watch the decline and see lottery winning Chelsea dominating.
What's your most memorable match, VB? Not on the telly, when you were there. Not necessarily the best game but the one which meant the most to you. Mine is the cup final of `86. Two superb teams, convinced we were going to get beat at half time and then going on to win quite easily in a brilliant atmosphere. Had it all for me that day. I got a ticket off my dad's mate on the Thursday night and I went down on a coach. Didn't even have a beer. And it was sweet after watching you beat us at Anfield a few weeks previously. Really Everton should have had the double that year. They slipped up.

Never used to go to the games. Supported Everton as a kid as they were my Dad's team and his before him I think. Later on in school it seemed to be either Liverpool or ManU and I went for United though I can't say I really supported them, never fancied going to Old Trafford or anything. A few years back after my Dad died my youngest started supporting Everton out of the blue and I suppose that's when I went back to them, we started going to Goodison and I've been hooked since then, I often wonder when I'm there where my Dad use to be stood watching years ago. Best match was the 3-3 derby last season, they looked like two real quality sides that day and it could have gone either way, played in great spirit though. Sorry, I'm boring you all now.
Do you reckon Sterling and Barkley'll move this summer 5Times?
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby 5times » Sat May 23, 2015 2:39 pm

Back in the 80s I occasionally went to Goodison when Liverpool were away. I used to wear a Liverpool badge and nobody was bothered. Sad how times have changed. My mate takes his son watching Everton and he supports United. The good thing about Everton is that they are accessible for people like yourself or my mate who want to take their kids to a football match. I'd like to take my girls to Anfield but it's that much hassle getting tickets that I've never bothered.
Regarding Sterling- I don't think he deserves to play for Liverpool. Hopefully we'll sell him and buy Barkley from your good selves.
5times

PreviousNext

Return to Over The Wall