Crystal Days Boxset....

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Crystal Days Boxset....

Postby IanSchultz » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:25 pm

My boxset has one of the cd trays broken and I don't know how to fix it, the pegs that hold the cd in are broken, any idea about fixing it without destroying the picture underneath it?
IanSchultz
Just Tuned In
Just Tuned In

Postby black francis » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:32 pm

I had the same thing happen. I just put the four cd's in blank cases and left the plastic cd trays off the box set packaging. You can see the pictures more clearly and the cd's are better protected. Not always falling our when you pick up the box set. If you really want to have those CD trays back on I believe you can purchase clear double sided tape.
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby withahip » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:48 pm

My trays just slid out. Not the strongest glue in the world.
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby zabird » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:12 pm

withahip wrote:My trays just slid out. Not the strongest glue in the world.

I've had that happen with other sets, but not this one. At least not yet. So, that clear double-sided tape is strong enough to hold 'em in place?

I've had the books fall out of a couple other boxed sets. I guess there's no help for those, eh?
zabird
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Seven Seas » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:14 pm

hahahahaha....

I just checked my set.... All four of my CD trays are released from the backs of the book form. lol lol Plus, it looks like I tried to glue them down b/c I see there's remnants of clear globs of glue here. hahahahahaha.

Guess it's off to find another solution.
Seven Seas

Postby IanSchultz » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:27 pm

No, the trays are stuck in really tight.... it's the pegs in the middle of the tray.
IanSchultz
Just Tuned In
Just Tuned In

Postby zabird » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:37 pm

IanSchultz wrote:No, the trays are stuck in really tight.... it's the pegs in the middle of the tray.

aha! illumination. If you find a good solution, I'm all ears. I've got that problem too with various box sets/jewel boxes too.
zabird
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby withahip » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:37 pm

IanSchultz wrote:No, the trays are stuck in really tight.... it's the pegs in the middle of the tray.

How come your box got pegged and mine didn't?
Last edited by withahip on Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby JackT » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:24 pm

You people have treated your Crystal Days box sets with insufficient reverence.
"He was a mongoose, rather like a little cat in his fur and his tail, but quite like a weasel in his head and his habits."
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby In The Margins » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:25 pm

JackT wrote:You people have treated your Crystal Days box sets with insufficient reverence.

I never open mine. Is that reverential enough? Hope so.
In The Margins
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby JackT » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:27 pm

In The Margins wrote:I never open mine. Is that reverential enough? Hope so.

Yes, that sounds pretty reasonable. What kind of glass case setup do you have?
"He was a mongoose, rather like a little cat in his fur and his tail, but quite like a weasel in his head and his habits."
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby zabird » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:28 pm

Do you have candles and a shrine?
zabird
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby In The Margins » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:28 pm

JackT wrote:Yes, that sounds pretty reasonable. What kind of glass case setup do you have?

A very nice one with atmospheric controls and sensors. And a nice spotlight with a soft white bulb. Not the glaring blue white bulbs that are so common now. I just polished the nameplate this morning.
In The Margins
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby JackT » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:40 pm

In The Margins wrote:A very nice one with atmospheric controls and sensors. And a nice spotlight with a soft white bulb. Not the glaring blue white bulbs that are so common now. I just polished the nameplate this morning.

Sweet setup, man.
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:42 pm

Any security features?
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Next

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen