The Countdown to RCMH is on, 10, 9, 8...

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

The Countdown to RCMH is on, 10, 9, 8...

Postby Epsilon » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:26 am

#10 10 days 'til NYC show
# 9 Ocean Rain setlist songs
# 8 Ochestra members accompanying (I read 16 too?)
# 7 Seven Seas live!
# 6 Bunnymen band members
# 5 Five words: Greatest Band of All Time
# 4 'This is FOR Pete' as Ocean Rain dedication
# 3 Special Ocean Rain shows
# 2 Original Band Members - Ian and Will
# 1 One Great Night!

It's a stretch, but just having some fun as I count down the days.
I can't believe it's almost here...
Last edited by Epsilon on Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You put your lips to her lips to stop the lie.
Epsilon

Postby insanejane » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:52 pm

you lucky bastard(s)!
insanejane

Postby moondance » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:05 pm

I'm getting excited too. I listened to Ocean Rain three times today. What an album! It's so creative, daring and wierd! I love it.
moondance

Postby Epsilon » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:12 pm

Moondance, you were the first one I met on Ian's Forum two years ago,
so I'm looking forward to meeting you in person now. You welcomed me,
as many others did, into the Bunnymen family, and I appreciate it. See
you soon...
You put your lips to her lips to stop the lie.
Epsilon

Postby elle39 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:45 am

I am FINALLY able to log on to this....a little late now i guess. i wanted to first come on to see if anyone from nc wanted to go up to NYC to see them next week. - i started looking at the end of may - even put an ad on craigs list, but never found anyone. there is no way for me to afford it along - unless of course, i slept at laGuardia after the show and took an early flight home. -
good gawd!
anyway- now that i'm here, i'm an hoping to get all the details from you guys who go to the show. - - sincerely, i haven't slept in 5 nights, since i finally gave up - -and it's haunting me...as tho the universe is telling me to go no matter what! - -
i'm happy to be on a sight with true EATB fans!!! i have been an addict since the first time i heard the Cutter in 1983....that was it for me....they are the greatest band in the world!
elle
elle39
Just Tuned In
Just Tuned In

Postby moondance » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:52 am

I'm looking forward to seeing you too Epsilon. Glad you found your way here Elle. I think there will be others coming up from NC for this so keep checking.
moondance

Postby zabird » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:44 pm

elle39 wrote:I am FINALLY able to log on to this....a little late now i guess. i wanted to first come on to see if anyone from nc wanted to go up to NYC to see them next week. - i started looking at the end of may - even put an ad on craigs list, but never found anyone. there is no way for me to afford it along - unless of course, i slept at laGuardia after the show and took an early flight home. -
good gawd!
anyway- now that i'm here, i'm an hoping to get all the details from you guys who go to the show. - - sincerely, i haven't slept in 5 nights, since i finally gave up - -and it's haunting me...as tho the universe is telling me to go no matter what! - -
i'm happy to be on a sight with true EATB fans!!! i have been an addict since the first time i heard the Cutter in 1983....that was it for me....they are the greatest band in the world!
elle

Welcome, Elle! If you do decide to go, there's somebody on the other board -- Warpig -- who's flying in day of the show (I think from Chicago), and leaving the next day, out of LaGuardia, who was looking for somebody to share a room with. She also posts to the Furs' board (devilbunny), if you ever go to that one. And if you need a ticket, I've got an extra, in the first mezzazine, tho I think there are still tix for sale via ticketmonster.
zabird
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Mr. Brian » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:06 pm

Also, check here for meetup talk before the show... http://forum.villiersterrace.com/viewto ... highlight=
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby electrabunny » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:39 pm

Hi Elle! Welcome!

I'm from the Raleigh-Durham area and I'm going, but my husband is coming with me and we are making a mini-vacation out of the trip. Violets from Charlotte was going up by herself, but she already made plans for staying w/ a group from the forum and I believe their hotel suite is full now. If it doesn't work out w/ Warpig, you should just get a ticket and a hotel for the night if you can swing it. I know the hotels are expensive, but it'll be worth it to go to the show! They'll be plenty of us at the pre-gig meet-up to hang out with.
electrabunny

Postby withahip » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:41 pm

Do you have AAA? You can find a place cheap through them. Book now.
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen