Royal Albert Hall torrent is on dimeadozen

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Postby In The Margins » Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:29 pm

P.A. --- website designer, webmaster and legal counsel. pretty good, i say. What's next?

Who exactly is behind these moves? Management or the band? By now both Will and Mac have to know what these guys are doing.

Also, this line is absurd:

"... when Echo & The Bunnymen perform a live concert they sign an agreement to say that they will not publicly distribute or sell any recordings, with them been on your website this could look as it is contradicting that agreement with PRS."

First -- it's not the band who posted the torrent; it's obvious a fan based recording. Second, who is PRS? Lastly, the typos and lack of punctuation authenticate this email as having come from P.A.
In The Margins
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dr Cheese » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:08 pm

"With them been on your website ..." :rolleyes:
And you know that I'll pick up
Every time you call
Just to thank you one more time
Alcohol
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Frank The Bunny » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:13 pm

In The Margins wrote:P.A. --- website designer, webmaster and legal counsel.

In The Margins wrote:the typos and lack of punctuation authenticate this email as having come from P.A.

What's the "P.A." stand for? "Purely Amateur"? "Paranoid Assmonkey"?
Frank The Bunny
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby guitarplayer on here too » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:30 pm

The PRS is the Performing Rights Society. I'm not so up on the exact role of the PRS, but it's the UK body that venues have to sign an agreement with to get a music licence to play in the UK (including live gigs). I believe part of the agreement dealing with the PRS means that alot of the rights that a band gets like actually performing and redistributing any recording of the music transfers to the PRS, even if some fan has sneaked in with some kind of equipment to re-record it without anyone's permission. Probably understandable why it got pulled. They could, in theory, demand the removal of the you tube RAH performances if they wanted to as well. Bit risky recording and distributing live shows in the UK.
guitarplayer on here too

Postby Dave Smith » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:12 pm

Fuck me-someones just pulled the Krankies album download and You Tube footage.Who is their Webmaster?

I can see both sides but PA definately had a veiled go at me on the official forum and people who had said the gig could be 'over-hyped'.I just posted that I did but they pulled it off.Its no big deal is it ?Surely thats what forums are for?Time for a chill pill me thinks.Trouble is people who dont post here cant resist a sneaky peek. A bit like me with Television X freeviews when the wife goes to make a cup of tea.
Dave Smith
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Frank The Bunny » Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:00 pm

Dave Smith wrote:A bit like me with Television X freeviews when the wife goes to make a cup of tea.
You gotta try RedTube, Davey-boy!
Frank The Bunny
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Mr. Brian » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:24 am

The bunnymen have been unbanned from dimeadozen:

"Thanks to a helpful DIME member (you know who you are!) we heard from the real Peter Allen who confirmed that Echo & The Bunnymen do not disagree to the electronic trading of their unofficial live performances. Henceforth, the Echo & Bunnymen entry will be removed from the NAB-list and the previously banned torrents will be reinstated. We're very sorry for the inconvenience, but admittedly this time we fell for a forged eMail (of course we analysed the headers et al., but this one was quite perfect, unfortunately)."
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Frank The Bunny » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:16 am

Forged eMail? Bullshit.
Frank The Bunny
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:11 am

It's true. It's the same dude who held up the courier van.
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Previous

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen