Albert Hall setlist and review 16/09/08

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Postby black francis » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:35 pm

JackT wrote:A Porcupine concert would be the greatest.

I wouldn't even care if Mac sounded like crap. If they performed Porcupine and he just went for it and the hell with the results, now that would be worth seeing.
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby Dr Cheese » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:18 pm

Scouser wrote:Yeah DC change the fucking record.

I apologise, I'm deeply ashamed of myself.
And you know that I'll pick up
Every time you call
Just to thank you one more time
Alcohol
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby zabird » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:15 pm

Dr Cheese wrote:I apologise, I'm deeply ashamed of myself.

You don't look very ashamed in that avatar, Dr. C :wink:

I'd go for a Bunnymen residency with a different album played each night, too. Well, maybe not if that residency were in Branson, Mo. :eek:
zabird
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:05 pm

zabird wrote:You don't look very ashamed in that avatar, Dr. C :wink:

I'd go for a Bunnymen residency with a different album played each night, too. Well, maybe not if that residency were in Branson, Mo. :eek:

So I won't be dragging you to the Osmond Family Theater any time soon?
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby zabird » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:14 pm

black francis wrote:So I won't be dragging you to the Osmond Family Theater any time soon?

Only if you promise me they'll sing One Bad Apple and Puppy Love :lol:
zabird
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby withahip » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:34 pm

pork is mine wrote:ahh thanks `withahip` and i was the first..i done it as soon as i arrived home............i enjoyed the gig anyway!!!

Seriously man, I am now excited about the show - between your review and the youtubes and glasvegas. And all the cool cats at the pre show meet.
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby moondance » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:25 pm

Crystal Days wrote:My view of Silver.....bad camera work due to the Magners.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/k-ihqHuXWag&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/k-ihqHuXWag&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

fantastic! It sounds really great and dramatic. I'm getting totally excited about RCMH now. I'm sorry I missed out on RAH though. It must have been a very special experience. I remember when they were considering doing this in the Carnglaze (?)Caverns. I'm sure Liverpool will be very emotional as well.
moondance

Postby insanejane » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:21 pm

nice videos
insanejane

Postby zoouncaged » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:50 pm

Crystal Days wrote:My view of Silver.....bad camera work due to the Magners.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/k-ihqHuXWag&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/k-ihqHuXWag&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Great vid, C.D..
zoouncaged

Postby Red » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:07 am

guitarplayer on here too wrote:I thought that there was a large camera behind the sound/mixing desk in the arena. But it was a distance away. Oh well, they have missed another opportunity there then.

i saw the camera back there too. i also heard it was being filmed. i really hope something turns up later, coz it went by so fast it feels like a blur. would love to relive it. i'm definitely gonna take it all in at Radio City!
pfft!
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Red » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:24 am

Jikan Myshkin wrote:all ye nay sayers beleieve the hype! as for encore- how can you follow up that performance of 'the second greatest song ever' dedicated to les and pete, fools!

yep. i was just thinking to myself that some people are still going on negatively even after all the mostly fabulous reviews and i think it's just because they're pissed off that the band really did pull it off and they weren't there to experience it because of stubborness. pity really. why bother hanging around just to be a put down? if there was ever a time to 'take a chance' on the band again if one were feeling ready to give up - this would have been it. for those who have gone, and/or are going to one of the other shows.....you are seeing something special. i'm glad i was there!
pfft!
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Frank The Bunny » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:38 am

In case you didn't see it on the torrent thread -

RAH gig - converted to 256kbps m4a. All tracks tagged (w/flyer artwork) and renamed

208mb zip file on megaupload.com:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FHH6WESM
Frank The Bunny
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Kounelaki » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:00 am

Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby guitarplayer on here too » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:05 am

There is also one in The Times:

The Times of London review
guitarplayer on here too

Postby moondance » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:25 am

Frank The Bunny wrote:In case you didn't see it on the torrent thread -

RAH gig - converted to 256kbps m4a. All tracks tagged (w/flyer artwork) and renamed

208mb zip file on megaupload.com:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FHH6WESM

Thanks mucho Frank!
moondance

PreviousNext

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen