Albert Hall setlist and review 16/09/08

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Postby black francis » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:43 am

What's with the 3 out of 5 stars?

It's weird so many reviewers are singling out Mac's voice for praise. Most recent live reviews have noted that while his voice is still unique it has definitely lost a bit. What the hell did he do to turn it around? I've been pretty harsh on the band and Mac in particular but I have to say I am really glad to hear it went so well. Maybe this will inspire the band to some new creativity.
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby Epsilon » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:46 am

That Guardian review really captured the essence of what the Ocean Rain
concerts seem to represent to the Bunnymen, creating the music and legacy
on their terms. The NYC show should be a magical one too.
You put your lips to her lips to stop the lie.
Epsilon

Postby insanejane » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:29 pm

Guardian "undiminished"
Times "unaffected"
wow!
insanejane

Postby Seven Seas » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:24 pm

Hello, Just my 2 cents not that any of you care nor even know me....but, just thought I'd share...Hi AllMyColors, In the Margins & Epsilon!

Pete, a few of my other colleagues & myself had a blast of a time! We'd like to say how great & special the night was...We went to so many places during the week & made the gig only at 1/2 hour's notice! So far, I've counted 138 photos I have to develop & organize. The cold, blustery air that night was PERFECT for the atmosphere.

I hope all of you that did attend the meet-up had a great time, though. SeanBe???

Seeing the documentary during the intermission & beyond was terrific. It was very sentimental & sensitive ultimately, perfect dedication for the band itself...

We had AWESOME seats...Section H, Row 8...Perfect views, loved the swizzle seats & the free leaflets were brought back for our collections.

We're both working today & sick w/ colds too...oi...back to reality yet, October 1 & November 27 can't come soon enough!!!!! Anyone here from America (as myself & Pete, my friend) going to the Liverpool Echo Arena gig? I'm totally looking forward to that night, let's hope some major magic will occur.

I hope everyone here & beyond gets tickets to see either one or both of these gigs...the opportunity alone is well-worth it.

Thanks to the band for such a fantastic time...as always. Cheers.
Seven Seas

Postby IanSchultz » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:22 pm

It was magical, Ian's old voice is back, he kinda lost it for a little but i'm really looking forward to the new album, the last was good but it doesn't have the magic of the first 5.
IanSchultz
Just Tuned In
Just Tuned In

Previous

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen