Official Site Withdrawl

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Postby Frank The Bunny » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:02 am

In The Margins wrote:Thanks for the server lesson Frank. Very much appreciated.

Pssst -- they're doomed.
Don't thank me. Thank the half-hour I spent on Wikipedia.
Frank The Bunny
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby blinkilite » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:42 am

Mr. Brian wrote:I think we are just wondering why it takes several days or up to a week to do such a thing. It should be seamless. The Bunnymen deserve better.

i agree with this completely. the web team at my job (myself included) has moved huge corporate sites with news admins and databases and forms and all kinds of complicated stuff in about a day. it actually only takes a few hours, but then you have to run a bunch of tests to make sure its working.

the bunnymen site, while it has all the streaming audio/video is not that complicated of a website, and shouldn't take very long to transfer to a better server. i hope they know what they are doing. :confused:
not just another drop in the ocean
blinkilite

Postby Mr. Brian » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:45 am

yup, same here, I've moved corporate and government websites to new hosts and no one ever knew the difference.
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Frank The Bunny » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:01 am

Would make a great episode of Mr. Bean:
Mr. Bean's website

Bean's "borrowing" his broadband connection from a neighbor, has a cable strung tightly across the room to the server under his bed.
He's washed his socks in the sink. He carefully steps over the cable. goes to grab the server from under the bed, burns his fingertips.
Puts the socks on his hands to protect them, pulls the server from under the bed, the socks steam then ignite, while he's holding the computer.
Bean freaks out, gets tangled in the cable trying to get the computer to the sink to put out the flames, winds up in the cord and crashes out the window. He's then seen dangling from the side of the building by the cable. The computer, in flames, plummets to the street below.
Frank The Bunny
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby JackT » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:05 am

What's the deal with Mr. Bean, anyway? Is he generally regarded as funny? I can't figure out if he is retarded, or what.
"He was a mongoose, rather like a little cat in his fur and his tail, but quite like a weasel in his head and his habits."
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Frank The Bunny » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:17 pm

JackT wrote:What's the deal with Mr. Bean, anyway? Is he generally regarded as funny? I can't figure out if he is retarded, or what.
I don't think he's retarded. I think he's that sort of Jerry Lewis/Gilligan idiot
Frank The Bunny
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Red » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:14 pm

Mr Bean's awesome.....lay off! :lol:
pfft!
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby withahip » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:28 pm

Hi all just for your information Bunnymen.com will be back online very soon, we hit some problems when we moved the site to our server, currently our team have identified the problem and service will be back very soon.We are very sorry for the downtime.

ThanksThe Bunnymen
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby JackT » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:38 pm

Is the official forum on a different server then? Must be.
"He was a mongoose, rather like a little cat in his fur and his tail, but quite like a weasel in his head and his habits."
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby guitarplayer on here too » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:03 am

Red wrote:Mr Bean's awesome.....lay off! :lol:

Mr Bean is the worst thing that Rowan Atkinson has ever done. I don't know if his previous series was ever shown in the US, but Blackadder was bloody hilarious. Also featured Hugh Laurie now of House fame and the best of the rest of the UK's comedians when it was on in the 80s.
guitarplayer on here too

Postby JackT » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:55 am

guitarplayer on here too wrote:Mr Bean is the worst thing that Rowan Atkinson has ever done. I don't know if his previous series was ever shown in the US, but Blackadder was bloody hilarious. Also featured Hugh Laurie now of House fame and the best of the rest of the UK's comedians when it was on in the 80s.

Hugh Laurie is hilarious in House and that isn't even a comedy. I never got to see much Blackadder.
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby guitarplayer on here too » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:08 am

1st series of Blackadder was crap, rest was brilliant. There's probably loads of episodes on YouTube. Best ever British comedy. That and Father Ted.
guitarplayer on here too

Postby watercolors » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:04 pm

blinkilite wrote:i agree with this completely. the web team at my job (myself included) has moved huge corporate sites with news admins and databases and forms and all kinds of complicated stuff in about a day. it actually only takes a few hours, but then you have to run a bunch of tests to make sure its working.

the bunnymen site, while it has all the streaming audio/video is not that complicated of a website, and shouldn't take very long to transfer to a better server. i hope they know what they are doing. :confused:

From what I know about servers and all that jazz...

If they are loading new operating systems and custom apps, then it could take a few days. (Mr. WC does these kind of things.) plus testing & such. I for one would not want to launch anything until it was working smoothly.

Wish I had a server... I could make some money!!
Screaming from beneath the waves...
watercolors

Postby fat cherry » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:51 am

but logically (and I know that word and bunnymen dont often go in the same paragraph) you'd keep the old version live until you'd done all that.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby crystal daze » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:56 am

Maybe the meter ran out on the old one before they got time to switch.
There's times when I've been deeply indifferent
crystal daze

PreviousNext

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen