Official Site Withdrawl

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Postby Mr. Brian » Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:03 pm

Red wrote:only a day or 2. why is everyone ina tizzy?
(especially since no one 'goes there anyway') :rolleyes:

tizzy
n. pl. tiz·zies Slang
A state of nervous excitement or confusion; a dither.

Hardly. I think we are just wondering why it takes several days or up to a week to do such a thing. It should be seamless. The Bunnymen deserve better.
Personally, I am not anti-official website by any means believe it or not. The official website is important and has value to advertise the band and provide official announcements.
I sure hope they are not going to host this on a DSL or broadband line from a home server which is what it sounds like from that newsletter. That would be a real disaster.
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JackT » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:11 pm

Mr. Brian wrote:I sure hope they are not going to host this on a DSL or broadband line from a home server which is what it sounds like from that newsletter. That would be a real disaster.

DSL would probably provide adequate bandwidth. Given the level of site activity, it hardly requires a 20-blade server on a 10 Gbps line.
"He was a mongoose, rather like a little cat in his fur and his tail, but quite like a weasel in his head and his habits."
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby moondance » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:13 pm

I haven't had ANY interruption at all!
moondance

Postby JackT » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:16 pm

moondance wrote:I haven't had ANY interruption at all!

Moondance, we all know you have a dedicated transatlantic cable hooked directly to the bunnyserver.
"He was a mongoose, rather like a little cat in his fur and his tail, but quite like a weasel in his head and his habits."
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby withahip » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:17 pm

Ok, one more time:

I TYPED THE WRONG ADDRESS FOR THE FORUM.

But I get nothing here

http://bunnymen.com/
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby moondance » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:31 pm

withahip wrote:Ok, one more time:

I TYPED THE WRONG ADDRESS FOR THE FORUM.

But I get nothing here

http://bunnymen.com/

OK. I thought you were trying to get on the forum. Sorry withahip.
moondance

Postby withahip » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:33 pm

No, not you moonie - me for not being clear. Everyone is a bit confused by my initial post.

All is good. :biggrin:
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Mr. Brian » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:33 pm

Everybody calm down! :wink:
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Frank The Bunny » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:30 pm

JackT wrote: DSL would probably provide adequate bandwidth. Given the level of site activity, it hardly requires a 20-blade server on a 10 Gbps line.
There's the difference between JackT and myself... I read shit on Wikipedia and paraphrase it. He, on the other hand, actually sounds like he knows what the fuck he's talking about.

Question, though - I don't know how bandwidth restrictions are in the UK, but I'd think Comcast or Qwest would pitch a fit if a person ran a video server on a household line over here
Frank The Bunny
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby JackT » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:10 pm

Frank The Bunny wrote:There's the difference between JackT and myself... I read shit on Wikipedia and paraphrase it. He, on the other hand, actually sounds like he knows what the fuck he's talking about.

Question, though - I don't know how bandwidth restrictions are in the UK, but I'd think Comcast or Qwest would pitch a fit if a person ran a video server on a household line over here

Errrr... I was making a snide remark. I don't know anything about servers except the word "blades". I was just pointing out that serving bunnymen.com is probably not the most demanding server application.
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Frank The Bunny » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:05 pm

Oh great, fuck with my image of you. Does that mean you were just bullshitting with all your conservative claptrap as well?

Claptrap - there's a word you don't hear much.
I wonder if it originally had something to do with gonnorhea.

"This brothel is a claptrap!"
Frank The Bunny
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:39 pm

Jack's just being modest. He knows all things regarding servers, audio/visual equipment and the kama sutra.
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby black francis » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:40 pm

By the way, nice post in the bring Les back thread Jack. You could have just called Peter a liar.
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby moondance » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:17 am

black francis wrote:By the way, nice post in the bring Les back thread Jack. You could have just called Peter a liar.

I think he called the whole management liars and Mac too. Brave, brave Jack!
moondance

Postby In The Margins » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:47 am

Thanks for the server lesson Frank. Very much appreciated.

Pssst -- they're doomed.
In The Margins
Über Fan
Über Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen