Electrafixion live on MTV

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Electrafixion live on MTV

Postby Red » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:25 pm

a bunny friend of mine from way back sent me these
links on myspace and i haven't seen them posted on
the forums, so i thought i'd share...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RXMHn-_dNA4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RXMHn-_dNA4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/miMWpOGJ5Kw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/miMWpOGJ5Kw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
pfft!
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby JackT » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:36 pm

Hey that was very interesting. Thanks for posting those!

Not the greatest sound quality, IMO (a little garage band-ish) but interesting nonetheless.

Is it a requirement that all VJs have to be annoying clowns? I should send in my resume'.
"He was a mongoose, rather like a little cat in his fur and his tail, but quite like a weasel in his head and his habits."
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Epsilon » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:51 pm

Red, these should be in the Hot Dudes thread in Over the Wall, ha.
You put your lips to her lips to stop the lie.
Epsilon

Postby guitarplayer on here too » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:56 pm

Weird seeing that. I guess that would have been one of the first TV performances with the Mac singing voice that had changed to the Bunnymen of the 80s or his solo stuff. Certainly went with the heavier Electrifixion sound. What year was that? 1994?
guitarplayer on here too

Postby Frank The Bunny » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:22 pm

I don't care what anyone says - Electrafixion (the Zephyr EP, Burned & all the great b-sides) was head and shoulders above Flowers, Siberia or Slideling. I've never seen these clips before.

Thanks, Red!
Frank The Bunny
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby JackT » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:38 pm

Frank The Bunny wrote:I don't care what anyone says - Electrafixion (the Zephyr EP, Burned & all the great b-sides) was head and shoulders above Flowers, Siberia or Slideling. I've never seen these clips before.

Thanks, Red!

I'm pretty sure most of us agree with that.
"He was a mongoose, rather like a little cat in his fur and his tail, but quite like a weasel in his head and his habits."
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby blinkilite » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:01 pm

awesome clips red, they really should play these songs live, they're great.

and will should think about growing his hair long again... looks good on him :cool:
not just another drop in the ocean
blinkilite

Postby Mr.Sparkle » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:17 pm

JackT wrote:I'm pretty sure most of us agree with that.

Really? It's seems like a lot of fans think Evergreen is the best thing they've put out since getting back together.

These videos are pretty cool, I much prefer the more garagey-sound on them to the production on Burned. I thought the production on that album kinda defeated the whole purpose of what they were going for with Electrafixion.
Mr.Sparkle

Postby withahip » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:18 pm

I am not really bothered with comparing - rather I REALLY wish they had kept the Echo & The Bunnymen name for this cd. It is like they have defined themselves by the name they go by (Mac, Glide, Echo, Electrafixion) and said "Well this has got to sound this way cuz of the name we go by." A crock.

Oh, and this stuff sounds great!
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Frank The Bunny » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:45 pm

Mr.Sparkle wrote:Really? It's seems like a lot of fans think Evergreen is the best thing they've put out since getting back together.

You'll notice Evergreen wasn't on my "better than" list.
I think Burned was sort of proto-Evergreen. And though WAYGTDWYLMNOP didn't owe a lot to Electrafixion, b-sides like The Fish Hook Girl sure did
Frank The Bunny
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Mr.Sparkle » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:52 pm

Frank The Bunny wrote:You'll notice Evergreen wasn't on my "better than" list.
I think Burned was sort of proto-Evergreen. And though WAYGTDWYLMNOP didn't owe a lot to Electrafixion, b-sides like The Fish Hook Girl sure did

Yeah, I can see that. Baseball Bill was really an Electrafixion song, although I think it's one of the worst songs they've ever done, Bunnymen or Electrafixion. I guess I'm in the minority since I think Evergreen, outside of a few songs, is pretty average. Same goes for Electrafixion, not counting the B-sides and Zephyr single/EP whatever it's called.

The weird thing with WAYGTDWYL is the B-sides sound like they were recorded at a totally different time, they sound nothing like the songs on the actual album.

Why are a lot of the B-sides, going back to Electrafixion better and more interesting than a majority of the A-sides? Is it just me that thinks this?
Mr.Sparkle

Postby guitarplayer on here too » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:41 am

I also always thought that Evergreen was largely average, apart from a few songs. I remember buying it on the strength of Nothing Lasts Forever (which got me into the Bunnymen at the time) and the b-sides Watchtower and Colour Me In and and was pretty disappointed that most of the rest of the album wasn't quite up to what I had been expecting.

The Electrifixion Burned album I only got to hear in about 2003. The songs were hardly stand-out, but the heavier sound is much better. Some gem b-sides though and I only got to hear those recently through the reissue. So no, Mr Sparkle, you are not the only one that thinks that.
guitarplayer on here too

Postby black francis » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:54 am

JackT wrote:I'm pretty sure most of us agree with that.

Fuck yeah. I'm hoping the Bunnymen disband and reform Electrafixion and release a box set to tour with. Electrafixion were a band with something to prove, when they reformed the Bunnymen it was like they were in safe waters.

But don't listen to me I just sack ride Jack and agree with anything he says.
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby withahip » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:55 am

Just make Electrafixion part of the Bunnymen catalogue already. At this point, it is the same band.
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby moondance » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:44 am

withahip wrote:Just make Electrafixion part of the Bunnymen catalogue already. At this point, it is the same band.

Yes!
moondance

Next

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen