Electrafixion, unfairly neglected?

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Re: Electrafixion, unfairly neglected?

Postby zoouncaged » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:52 am

Voodoo Billy wrote:
zoouncaged wrote:Image

I got excited for a second.

Wasn't it the cover for 'Of Mice and Men' at one time? Read it a couple of weeks ago as it's going to be in my son's GCSE syllabus, good book.

zoouncaged

Postby Dave Smith » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:32 am

Not by me. Saw them 7 times live.They were fucking brilliant.Reading Festival 95 in the tent- one the best Bunny related gigs I've ever seen. they blew the top off it.
Dave Smith
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby lazarus » Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:15 pm

Hi
Does anyone own the expanded (and remastered) edition ?
I was wondering is there was a real upgrade in the sound. Especially as I happen to think the original cd has a decent sound.
Thanks for any reply.
lazarus

Postby fat cherry » Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:20 am

Didn't even know there was one. I was a bit disappointed with the album compared to, I suppose, what I thought the zephyr ep promised. Have I covered all bases there? Lol. The ep seemed to be this driving, as in pounding, not getting in the old cotroen 2cv, thing. Which the album wasn't. After reading how jolly old oasis got that brrrrm on their first album, I guess they should have layered about ten more guitars on top. File under 'what do I know', bog all chaps. Did I just mention oasis? Shame on me. And some of the remixed b sides were better than album versions, even though the differences were marginal. I think the live b sides made up pretty much a whole albums worth didn't they. And I thought holy grail was a bit crap, new words to velvets heroin.
All that aside I played it all to death and still gets an airing and is still better than most of the last twenty years output.
Also it was the days of multiple cd single releases in the hope the obsessives would power it into the charts - still not really armed to the utah saints remix of whatever it was. Just going boom boom boom loudly and shouting your name loudly over the top doesn't necessarily make it good. Does it? I was probably too old for that malarkey even then.
I may have said all this before..........
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby lazarus » Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:05 pm

The expanded & remastered was released in 2007 on Korova.
I found it somewhere/somehow
The sound is a bit better indeed, not that the original pressing was bad.
Yeah, Holy Grail is a very good song (though a bit too long).
I've always liked the first 3 tracks, with Zephyr and HG. Nothing much to save, even on all those bonuses and live versions (9 tracks on the expanded pressing, including 'Loose' which doesn't exist in any studio version if I'm right)

https://www.discogs.com/fr/release/9451 ... on-Burned-
lazarus

Postby fat cherry » Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:40 pm

ah. Did have abit of a look. Simlar topic's come up recently on one of the FB pages. That one of you lot?
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby lazarus » Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:52 pm

Not me.
lazarus

Re:

Postby TenNewPence » Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:45 am

Lancashire Fusileer wrote:I thought the first E'F single was brilliant, and the album really good but tbh the best thing was when they carried the Electrafixionsppirt in those Bunny b-sides for the NLF single, stuff like Colour Me In, Polly, Antelope & Watch Tower . I thought Evergreen missed a trick having that kind of stuff on.

I missed this article for over 13 years. I was only aware of EF with the video on CH4 Chart Show on a Saturday morning with Mac doing his Dorothy from Wizard of Oz. The next thing the Bunnies were back

Agree with the NLF b sides. Was Baseball Bill originally a EF track ? I quite like Evergreen seems a good balanced comeback album (the best since Ocean Rain :biggrin: :biggrin: ) Think Alamont was great track and possibly started out as an EF tune. Must dig out some of the live tapes I have with Alamont, Loose and Fish Hook Girl
TenNewPence

Postby The Monro » Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:23 pm

Baseball Bill was released as a limited promo 7” on gold vinyl (it was never confirmed how limited - reports vary between 500 and 1000) by Electrafixion in the USA in 1996.
The Monro

Postby Mr. Brian » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:49 am

No one wanted a "grunge" Bunnymen
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Voodoo Billy » Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:21 pm

Mr. Brian wrote:No one wanted a "grunge" Bunnymen

It served its purpose as a precursor to getting the Bunnymen back together I suppose. Funny isn't it, I loved the Electrafixion stuff when it came out and really didn't get the Glide stuff at all but would probably place Spage Age Freakout as one of my favourite albums for many years now and can't remember the last time I listened to Burned.

Hi Boss, by the way!
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Kounelaki » Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:46 am

Mr. Brian wrote:No one wanted a "grunge" Bunnymen

I did. :razz:
Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby The Monro » Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:11 am

I play Burned more often than any post-87 Bunnymen album. Probably post-84 in fact.
The Monro

Postby TenNewPence » Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:14 am

The Monro wrote:I play Burned more often than any post-87 Bunnymen album. Probably post-84 in fact.

Burned the best Bunnymen album since Ocean Rain. :biggrin:
TenNewPence

Postby The Monro » Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:48 am

Played it again last night - great stuff.
The Monro

Previous

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen